Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Enable FTP for root user in Solaris 10 Post 302511045 by sodamncool on Tuesday 5th of April 2011 03:48:55 PM
Old 04-05-2011
svcadm restart ftp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 8 - FTP server -enable

Hi, I have turn off the FTP service and rebooted the server . (edit /etc/inetd.conf and /etc/inet/services) Now , how can I enable back the FTP without rebooting the server . Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civic2005
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Want to block ftp for root user

Hi Friends, I would like to block the root user for doing ftp. As I am aware that I need to put the entry for root in /etc/ftpusers.....am I right...??? But I am not able to edit the file & even more command is not working. #ls -l ftp* total 14 -rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 1249 Jun... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
3 Replies

3. Linux

How to Enable TELNET for root user

How to Enable TELNET for root user in Linux. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi_13
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Permissions for the root user on Solaris 10

Hi I have a doubt, here if a file does not have the write permissions to the root user my script is going to write the data into that file. when i executed the script as root user. Is it correct ... ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shreedhar Naik
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How to start CDE for non root user on Solaris 10

Hi, How can I start CDE for non root user created.For root CDE is working fine but for non root user CDE exits back to login screen after trying for some time.Also I cant see .dt and .dtprofile files in the users home directory.How can I create them.Kindly help. Thanks & Regards, Kiran. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranherekar
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Non-root user access to privileged ports-Solaris 8

Please let me know how to setup a non-root user to be able to access a privileged port (<1024) on Solaris 8. I am currently running tomcat as "tomcat" user and I get the following error during to start up: SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint java.net.BindException: Permission denied<null>:443 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
5 Replies

7. Solaris

About FTP Only User under Solaris 10

Hi, I am using Solaris 10. I am trying to create a restricted user: 1. which can ftp in to and ftp out from a Directory Tree 2. which can use only commands: prompt, get, mget, put, mput, delete, mdelete First of all I would like to know, whether this is possible or not If it is possible,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SnehalRBhatt
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enable "banner" for a user in solaris?

Password: Using keyboard-interactive authentication. Do you agree with the banner terms (y/n)?: y (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 - 'ls' green for root user only

Welcome to all. Have an issue and looking for help so hope someone is able to give me some clues. I prepared some shell scripts with coloured output to help other guys to have more automated task. Not sure if I did this but now whenever I use 'ls' command for root user every output in... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: TiedCone
29 Replies

10. Solaris

Root user not recognizing on Solaris-10 (shadow file corruption)

Hello, I got into a wired state on one of solaris 10 server. When I noticed that server is having some issue, I found that there were dumpadm.conf entries in /etc/shadow and real entries were wiped of. Probably somebody fat fingers. I was able to boot into failsafe, break SVM mirror, copied... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
25 Replies
rpc.rusersd(1M) 					  System Administration Commands					   rpc.rusersd(1M)

NAME
rpc.rusersd, rusersd - network username server SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/netsvc/rusers/rpc.rusersd DESCRIPTION
rpc.rusersd is a server that returns a list of users on the host. The rpc.rusersd daemon may be started by inetd(1M) or listen(1M). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmds | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), listen(1M), pmadm(1M), sacadm(1M), svcadm(1M), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The rpc.rusersd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/rpc/rusers:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.11 4 Nov 2004 rpc.rusersd(1M)