Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help needed with SED
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help needed with SED Post 302510807 by ni2 on Tuesday 5th of April 2011 04:01:41 AM
Old 04-05-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castelior
Thanks for your quick answer but that didn't work...

Sorry this is in French Smilie ... but apparently, it didn't like /{app=$3}/
The translation is not really difficult... Context error
Strange it worked for me.
Code:
$awk '/Application : /{app=$3}/=== INCIDENT ==== / {print app}' file5
SPVP0005

P.S. file5 has a copy of the data you posted.
This User Gave Thanks to ni2 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed with sed

Hi, I need to insert a line into a file underneath an existing line in the file, but am unsure as to the syntax. I'm pretty sure sed can be used though, although any ideas are more than welcome. For example: File ---- Line 1 Line 2 Line 3 Line 4 Line 6 I need to say: Insert "Line 5"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danhodges99
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed help needed

Could someone tell me how to replace varibles using SED inside Korn Shell? e.g. I have a ksh file program.ksh below: ------------------------------------ #!/bin/ksh sed -n '/ABC/p' $1 > output.txt if ] then status=new elif ] then status=old fi sed -n '/$status/p' $1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed -sed

Hi All, i have one file and in that i have to read each line and do some replacement. its is not fixed the number or column always be same it can be less also exm a;b;c;d;e;f (line) i have to do something like In the line If c is present then go to end of line and append ';date' else... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with sed needed

Hi, I have a file in a form of jkkhjjk1:!:jkhdjkhjkh2:!:kljkljkljklj3:!:kljsdj4 kljlkfljf5:!:kjljljlj6:!:jhjkhjkh7 I am trying to use sed command such that everytime it find ":!:" it will removes it and print remaining of the line on the new line Output that I need will look like following... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arushunter
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed help needed

Hi, I have the following texts : #1#http://www.google.com#2#Google#3# #1#http://www.aol.com#2#AOL#3# I need a bash script which extracts the text between the markers (marks are #1#,#2#,#3#). I also need that text in variables ($URL and $DESCRIPT will be fine) so I can later use it to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcp27br
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED Help Needed

I am trying to retrieve part of a line from /boot/grub/menu.lst The line is : gfxmenu (hd0,0)/usr/share/gfxboot/themes/pclinuxblue/boot/message I have figured out how to get this line into a file by itself. sed '/gfxmenu/ !d' /boot/grub/menu.lst > /tmp/menu.lst.pcl_tc What I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tide
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed in SED

Hi All , I have a input file which has set of lines like this :: cat a.txt unix1 djkdfkjdkkdfkdjfdfkjd 09191091 unix@unix.com <2008-23-07> unix 2 dfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfdfd unix3 dfldfljdflkjdfldfkljdfldjfl 0565606 unix1@unix.com <2008-10-09> unix4 dfdlfndfldflnlffddfd for some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav1982
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed on SED

Hi, I would like to process one file which looks like this : 09-04-16-17:11:53 -> count 1 NAME CHAN QID NMSGS NBYTES MAXBYTES P/T W_DEALNUM 105 123508770 1 10 14 P W_APPSTAT 106 123508771 1 12 35 P... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vive123
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

some sed help needed

I have file with following contents; 127.0.0.1 www.google.com 127.3.3.1 www.cisco.com 127.3.5.1 www.msnbc.com I want output as 127.0.0.1 www.google.com google.com 127.3.3.1 www.cisco.com cisco.com 127.3.5.1 www.msnbc.com msnbc.com I tried sed 's/www.//g'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangfroid
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Help Needed

I want to search texts between first occurence of the matching pattern and replace it with some other text.pls advice what can be done. I searched alot, i could not find anything relevant. Ex my input is as follows: red yellow grey white blue red pink violet white I want to search... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangitajc
9 Replies
BPSINK(1)							  BP executables							 BPSINK(1)

NAME
bpsink - Bundle Protocol reception test program SYNOPSIS
bpsink ownEndpointId DESCRIPTION
bpsink uses Bundle Protocol to receive application data units from a remote bpsource application task. For each application data unit it receives, it prints the ADU's length and -- if length is less than 80 -- its text. bpsink terminates upon receiving the SIGQUIT signal, i.e., ^C from the keyboard. EXIT STATUS
0 bpsink has terminated. Any problems encountered during operation will be noted in the ion.log log file. FILES
No configuration files are needed. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables apply. DIAGNOSTICS
Diagnostic messages produced by bpsink are written to the ION log file ion.log. Can't attach to BP. bpadmin has not yet initialized Bundle Protocol operations. Can't open own endpoint. Another application has already opened ownEndpointId. Terminate that application and rerun. bpsink bundle reception failed. BP system error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. Can't receive payload. BP system error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. Can't handle delivery. BP system error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. BUGS
Report bugs to <ion-bugs@korgano.eecs.ohiou.edu> SEE ALSO
bpadmin(1), bpsource(1), bp(3) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 BPSINK(1)