Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find duplicate files by file size Post 302510221 by tene on Saturday 2nd of April 2011 04:07:47 AM
Old 04-02-2011
Why dont you try this?
Go to your Downloads dir and run this.
Code:
ls -l | awk '$1!~/^d/{if(size[$5]!=""){ print}size[$5]=$8}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find duplicate files with find ?

hello all I like to make search on files , and the result need to be the files that are duplicated? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
8 Replies

2. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Duplicate files, not by name

I have a directory with images: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 26216 Mar 19 21:00 020109.210001.jpg -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 21760 Mar 19 21:15 020109.211502.jpg -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 23144 Mar 19 21:30 020109.213002.jpg -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31350 Mar 20 00:45 020109.004501.jpg -rw-r--r-- 1 root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate files

What utility do you recommend for simply finding all duplicate files among all files? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiasas
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file size difference in two files using awk

Hi, Could anyone help me to solve this problem? I have two files "f1" and "f2" having 2 fields in each, a) file size and b) file name. The data are almost same in both the files except for few and new additional lines. Now, I have to find out and print the output as, the difference in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines from a 50 MB file size

hi, Please help me to write a command to delete duplicate lines from a file. And the size of file is 50 MB. How to remove duplicate lins from such a big file. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find duplicate string in many different files

I have more than 100 files like this: SVEAVLTGPYGYT 2 SVEGNFEETQY 10 SVELGQGYEQY 28 SVERTGTGYT 6 SVGLADYNEQF 21 SVGQGYEQY 32 SVKTVLGYEQF 2 SVNNEQF 12 SVRDGLTNSPLH 3 SVRRDREGLEQF 11 SVRTSGSYEQY 17 SVSVSGSPLQETQY 78 SVVHSTSPEAF 59 SVVPGNGYT 75 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate files but with different extensions

Hi ! I wonder if anyone can help on this : I have a directory: /xyz that has the following files: chsLog.107.20130603.gz chsLog.115.20130603 chsLog.111.20130603.gz chsLog.107.20130603 chsLog.115.20130603.gz As you ca see there are two files that are the same but only with a minor... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate rows between files

Hi champs, I have one of the requirement, where I need to compare two files line by line and ignore duplicates. Note, I hav files in sorted order. I have tried using the comm command, but its not working for my scenario. Input file1 srv1..development..employee..empname,empid,empdesg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Selva_2507
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List duplicate files based on Name and size

Hello, I have a huge directory (with millions of files) and need to find out duplicates based on BOTH file name and File size. I know fdupes but it calculates MD5 which is very time-consuming and especially it takes forever as I have millions of files. Can anyone please suggest a script or... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
7 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Procedural - File::Find::Rule's procedural interface SYNOPSIS
use File::Find::Rule; # find all .pm files, procedurally my @files = find(file => name => '*.pm', in => @INC); DESCRIPTION
In addition to the regular object-oriented interface, File::Find::Rule provides two subroutines for you to use. "find( @clauses )" "rule( @clauses )" "find" and "rule" can be used to invoke any methods available to the OO version. "rule" is a synonym for "find" Passing more than one value to a clause is done with an anonymous array: my $finder = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ] ); "find" and "rule" both return a File::Find::Rule instance, unless one of the arguments is "in", in which case it returns a list of things that match the rule. my @files = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ], in => $ENV{HOME} ); Please note that "in" will be the last clause evaluated, and so this code will search for mp3s regardless of size. my @files = find( name => '*.mp3', in => $ENV{HOME}, size => '<2k' ); ^ | Clause processing stopped here ------/ It is also possible to invert a single rule by prefixing it with "!" like so: # large files that aren't videos my @files = find( file => '!name' => [ '*.avi', '*.mov' ], size => '>20M', in => $ENV{HOME} ); AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule perl v5.18.2 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3)