Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX EtherChannel interface ping pelicularity Post 302509631 by thenomad on Thursday 31st of March 2011 10:20:05 AM
Old 03-31-2011
EtherChannel interface ping pelicularity

I have few AIX servers in my data center, which have their EtherChannel configured to have a fat pipe (active/active) and a nagios server to monitor the server uptimes. Nagios server pings every server in the data center and we have pretty much every known unix flavor in this data center. When these AIX servers get pinged, sometimes, the percentage of packets returned are higher than 100% and nagios raises the warning flag and everyone gets up in tizzy as nagios setup is very vocal about emailing such incidents to the whole world.

Did anyone encounter such situation ? If you did, how did you deal with it ? Changing nagios configuration or ping plug-in is not an option as it is used for all unix flavored servers and none other than these AIX servers exhibit this behavior.

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem with Etherchannel

I'm trying to configure Etherchannel on AIX 5.3 and I'm having some problems. I am aggregating both of the onboard NIC's (ent0 and ent1) into a new adapter ent2 for failover reasons obviously. At first I was experiencing a problem where about 50% of all my packets would be dropped. Then after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
4 Replies

2. AIX

AIX / Etherchannel / VLANs

I have 1 AIX server, 4 dual ported fiber attached ethernet cards and 4 VLANS coming in. Is it possible to present those 8 ports as 1 IP address using etherchannel? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwholey
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

4. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

5. AIX

Can EtherChannel be a redundancy config?

I have one p5 server, no lpar, 2 physical network adapter, bundle as one EtherChannel. The two 2 physical network adapter connect to 2 network switches. How to make this as a redundancy config? Current is if one physical network adapter down, the seond one will go through the network. but if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

6. AIX

Aggregated Etherchannel

Hi, I have a AIX5.3 P6-520 with 8x1Gb Ethernet ports with possible connections to 2 CISCO 2960 switches. I can create 8023ad Etherchannels which work correctly with the switches (I have set up for LACP passive and a valid channels) But can create 2x 8023ad 4Gb Etherchannels with no backups.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spitzie
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Linux load balancer ping redirect to other interface

Im configuring centos with load balance with ip route and ip rule Eth0 192.168.1.5 Eth1 192.168.5.128 # ip route 192.168.5.0/24 dev eth1 scope link src 192.168.5.128 192.168.1.0/24 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.1.5 169.254.0.0/16 dev eth1 scope link # ip route show... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadinetcat
2 Replies

8. AIX

Etherchannel failover testing

Hi Guys, I am trying to test an etherchannel failover and switchback. I did failover from primary to backup adapter, but now I am not able to switch it back to primary. phcxxxxx:/ > entstat -d ent4 | grep Active Active channel: backup adapter ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies

9. AIX

PowerVM SEA etherchannel performance ?

Hello, POWER7 machine. 4 x 1Gbit port ethernet adapter is dedicated to vios. 8023ad etherchannel is created using those 4 ports. Etherchannel adapter is shared to lpars using SEA. If I test network performance directly from vios partition (using iperf) I'm geting nice 4Gbit throughput. But if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies
Nagios::Plugin::Config(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Nagios::Plugin::Config(3pm)

NAME
Nagios::Plugin::Config - read nagios plugin .ini style config files SYNOPSIS
# Read given nagios plugin config file $Config = Nagios::Plugin::Config->read( '/etc/nagios/plugins.ini' ); # Search for and read default nagios plugin config file $Config = Nagios::Plugin::Config->read(); # Access sections and properties (returns scalars or arrayrefs) $rootproperty = $Config->{_}->{rootproperty}; $one = $Config->{section}->{one}; $Foo = $Config->{section}->{Foo}; DESCRIPTION
Nagios::Plugin::Config is a subclass of the excellent Config::Tiny, with the following changes: o Repeated keys are allowed within sections, returning lists instead of scalars o Write functionality has been removed i.e. access is read only o Nagios::Plugin::Config searches for a default nagios plugins file if no explicit filename is given to "read()". The current standard locations checked are: /etc/nagios/plugins.ini /usr/local/nagios/etc/plugins.ini /usr/local/etc/nagios /etc/opt/nagios/plugins.ini /etc/nagios-plugins.ini /usr/local/etc/nagios-plugins.ini /etc/opt/nagios-plugins.ini To use a custom location, set a "NAGIOS_CONFIG_PATH" environment variable to the set of directories that should be checked. The first "plugins.ini" or "nagios-plugins.ini" file found will be used. SEE ALSO
Config::Tiny, Nagios::Plugin AUTHORS
This code is maintained by the Nagios Plugin Development Team: <http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net>. COPYRIGHT and LICENCE Copyright (C) 2006-2007 by Nagios Plugin Development Team This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-03 Nagios::Plugin::Config(3pm)