Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script to login to several servers and get files Post 302509613 by yohasini on Thursday 31st of March 2011 09:02:21 AM
Old 03-31-2011
Data Script to login to several servers and get files

Hi ppl,
I am looking out for a shell script
a. That would have to login(from a main server) to say 16 servers individually.
b.On each server go to a particular location, check if a particular file is generated on a date(say every sunday it gets generated and i would be interested in the latest one),
c.if the latest file is present, retrieve the file to main server.
d.if the latest file is not present, wait and check later.
e. This has to be repeated until the files from all 16 servers reach the main server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

login into multiple servers thru script...

I need to login into multiple servers thru a script run couple commands and run find command as root. I only have ssh access to the servers as a user than I can "su" to root. If you have a similar script please post it. Also if you can suggest commands that I should consider please let me know. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avcert1998
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell/perl script to connect to different servers in single login in teradata

Hi, I want to write a shell script to compare two tables in teradata.these tables are present on different servers. I want to connect to both servers in single login in order to fetch and compare the data in one go. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monika
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

login into multiple servers through script is having some problem

Hi Everybody, I am bit new to shell scripting. I need some help in my script. I have to login into 15 servers and check some logs daily. For that I've written one shell script, somewhere it is having some problems. After log into the first server, the script is not going with the next steps.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to login to several servers and get files

Hi ppl, I am looking out for a shell script a. That would have to login(from a main server) to say 16 servers individually. b.On each server go to a particular location, check if a particular file is generated on a date(say every sunday it gets generated and i would be interested in the latest... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yohasini
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to login to several servers and get files

Hi ppl, I am looking out for a shell script a. That would have to login(from a main server) to say 16 servers individually. b.On each server go to a particular location, check if a particular file is generated on a date(say every sunday it gets generated and i would be interested in the latest... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohasini
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for login to servers with user name and password and execute commands

I am having the 15 servers which need to do the monitoring Hi I need a shell script, By which i can log in to multiple servers and execute the commands.. I need to specify the username and password in the scripts. Please help me to write the script so that it can login with username and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandan8a
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l"

I need a shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l -u <username>" & "cat /etc/rc.local" & "df -h" and able to create output into a file saved locally with hostname.crontab & hostname.rc.local & disk.status. I can supply a file as list of hostname or IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaipsharma
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote login and running a script on multiple servers

Hi all, I am baffled on this. Solaris Irix system.:confused: I have 4 servers all connected to one another, :b: I need to write a script line that would login on to server 1-3 ($HOST) start a script in the back ground and log off while the back ground script runs over a length of time.:eek: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: weddy
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Expect Script for backing up files on different servers

Hello, I am trying to create an expect script that backups up data from multiple servers with the same username, but with different passwords for each server. For example, I have two servers with the "myuser" account with different passwords for that account for each server. I went ahead and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: richw92201
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to delete files from 5 different servers

Hello, I'm new to shell scripting and need a quick note on how to write a shell script to perform deletion of files from 5 different hostnames in various locations. Found out to delete files from one path by using below command and made it to work on cron job but need to do it in a shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teja G
2 Replies
DAILYSTRIPS-UPDATE(1)					      General Commands Manual					     DAILYSTRIPS-UPDATE(1)

NAME
dailystrips-update - download updated dailystrips definitions SYNOPSIS
dailystrips-update [OPTIONS] DAYS WARNING
This script is intended to use under the assumption that the development version of strips.def is the latest and best. Unfortunately, at the time of this writing (August, 2007) upstream development seems to have ceased, so using this script will likely result in a more out- of-date strips definiton than is included in the distribution. WARNING
Due to the above, as of November 2009, dailystrips-update has been neutered to exit immediately on execution, and it is expected that it will be removed in a future version of this package. DESCRIPTION
The dailystrips-update script is provided to automatically retrieve updated strip definitions from a central server, eliminating the need to manually download and install new versions of the entire program. It is recommened that the dailystrips-update script be run before each execution of the main dailystrips program. The dailystrips-update script has provisions to only check for updates if the current file has reached a certain age, which maximizes efficiency and should allow users to run the update script before each execution of dailystrips without overtaxing the update server. USAGE
Operation is straightforward. Simply execute dailystrips-update and the updated definitions will be saved to ~/.dailystrips-updates.def, which will automatically be loaded by the main dailystrips program. OPTIONS
-q, --quiet Turn off progress messages -v, --verbose Turn on extra progress information, overrides -q --proxy host:port Use specified HTTP proxy server (overrides environment proxy, if set) --proxyauth user:pass Set username and password for proxy server --noenvproxy Ignore the http_proxy environment variable, if set --retries NUM When downloading items, make NUM attempts instead of only once --updates FILE Save updates to FILE instead of ~/.dailystrips-updates.def --minage NUM Skip downloading updates if local file is less than NUM seconds old -V, --version Print version number -h, --help Show summary of options SEE ALSO
dailystrips(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Rene Weber <rene_debmaint@public.e-mail.elvenlord.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). June 25, 2004 DAILYSTRIPS-UPDATE(1)