Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk - find string, search lines below string for other strings Post 302509058 by yinyuemi on Tuesday 29th of March 2011 05:17:41 PM
Old 03-29-2011
Code:
awk '/<VirtualHost \*:>|ServerName|DocumentRoot/{print}' file
<VirtualHost *:>
        ServerName server.name1.com
<VirtualHost *:>
        ServerName www.servername2
        DocumentRoot /location/of/document/root

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multiple strings on a file and copy the string next to it

I tried awk for this, but failed <or my code is not correct? I dont know>. Can anyone help me on this? ---------- Post updated at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:29 PM ---------- my working file looks like this: <empty> <empty> <empty> NAME :ABC AGE :15 GENDER... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search string in a file and retrieve 10 lines including string line

Hi Guys, I am trying to write a perl script to search a string "Name" in the file "FILE" and also want to create a new file and push the searched string Name line along with 10 lines following the same. can anyone of you please let me know how to go about it ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukrish
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string in textfile, erase $num lines after that string

I have a textfile containing text similar to the following pattern: STRING1 UNIQUE_STRING1 STRING2 STRING3 STRING4 STRING5 STRING1 UNIQUE_STRING2 STRING2 STRING3 STRING4 STRING5 STRING1 UNIQUE_STRING3 STRING2 STRING3 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilcsfe
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Search string between the strings

File name : Sample.txt <ownername>Oracle< ownername> I am new to unix world , i would like to search string and return back to another sh script. bascially i want to read file Sample.txt find the string between <ownername> Sample.txt < ownername> . Gerneric way to find the string... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk find a string, print the line 2 lines below it

I am parsing a nagios config, searching for a string, and then printing the line 2 lines later (the "members" string). Here's the data: define hostgroup{ hostgroup_name chat-dev alias chat-dev members thisisahostname } define hostgroup{ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mglenney
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search an output string between two strings

I would like to search for strings stored in searchstringfile.txt in inputfiles. searchstringfile.txt J./F. Gls. Wal F. Towerinput1.txt What is needed is J./F. 12 var Gls. Wal 16 interp. Tower 12 input2.txt Awk shall search for F. 16 pt. J./F. 22 output.txt input1.txt J./F. = 12 var... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string and replace the same string above two lines?.

I need to search this "<CardinalMPI>" string and replace the same string above two lines of the string. Nov 16, 2012 12:58:34 PM INFO: Centinel LookUp ResponseXML : <CardinalMPI> <ReasonCode></ReasonCode> <ErrorDesc></ErrorDesc> <MerchantReferenceNumber></MerchantReferenceNumber>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search String and extract few lines under the searched string

Need Assistance in shell programming... I have a huge file which has multiple stations and i wanted to search particular station and extract few lines from it and the rest is not needed Bold letters are the stations . The whole file has multiple stations . Below example i wanted to search... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string and print all lines upto another string

Ok I would like to do the following file test contains the following lines. between the lines ABC there may be any amount of lines up to the next ABC entry. I want to grep for the filename.txt entry and print the lines in between (and including that line) up to and including the last line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: revaroo
3 Replies
hal-find(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      hal-find(1M)

NAME
hal-find, hal-find-by-capability, hal-find-by-property - search HAL global device list SYNOPSIS
hal-find-by-capability --capability capability [--help] [--verbose] [--version] hal-find-by-property --key key --string value [--help] [--verbose] [--version] DESCRIPTION
The hal-find commands, hal-find-by-capability and hal-find-by-property, search the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) device list by speci- fied criteria and displays results on the standard output. hal-find-by-capability searches by capability, such as volume or block. hal- find-by-property searches by property, such as block.is_volume or volume.disc.has_audio. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --capability capability HAL device capability to search for. --help Display list of options. --key key The key to the property that is the basis of the search. --string value The string value associated with the property that is the basis of the search. --verbose Verbose mode. --version Display version and exit. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhalr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hald(1M), attributes(5), hal(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Aug 2006 hal-find(1M)