Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX ssh failed to login in remote connection Post 302508894 by Corona688 on Tuesday 29th of March 2011 11:17:58 AM
Old 03-29-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecobra151
the server was crashed and i restore it from other copy
That's why the ID changed, then -- your backup had a different ID than you have now... or you didn't back up the ID and it generated a new one.

Delete the offending line and it should start letting you login again.
Quote:
i am the sysadm and i need to login in to node B without writing the password for the node B
If you restored user files, hopefully it'll have restored your ~/.ssh/ files with it which will allow passwordless logins like before.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 9 remote login (ssh) drops connection

Hello All, I wonder if you can help me... Let me give you some set-up details before I ask you the question. I have Ultra-60 at home with Solaris 9 and recommended patch cluster installed. The machine is connected to a Linksys WAG54G ADSL router/modem through RJ45 ethernet cable. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmerin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote Connection (SSH)

Hello all, I connect usually to one enviornment "dev" daily and then ftp some files to some other enviorment "uat" and then login to "uat" and run some scripts to process these files. I was thinking to automate the process, where running one script from "dev" will complete all task required... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote SSH Connection Using Script

Hi, I am new to Shell Scripting. Can anybody help me in writing a Script Which Could Login from a Unix box to a Remote Unix box which accepts the user credentials automatically and display the result for checking the Disk Space Utilisation (Without running any SSH agent). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajith_tg
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

failed ssh login with keys

Hi all, i have generated a pair of keys so that i can login via SSH without entering my password. I am using putty to login. After putting the public key on the server,then logging through putty, i get the message "Server refused our key" on screen. At the same time, /var/log/secure is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
3 Replies

5. Solaris

ssh connection failed.

When i was connecting the Solaris system by sftp . i got the following error. "Warning: child process (/usr/local/bin/ssh2) exited with code 74." Could any one help, how to fix it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag.mi2000
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Please help me.. connection failed between OpenSSH-3.8.1 to Sun SSH-1.1

hi All, We tried to establish a connection from OpenSSH3.8.1 running on Windows Box to SunSSH-1.1 running on Solaris 10. Please see the debug statements. C:\Documents and Settings\sadmin\.ssh>ssh sadmin@10.4.3.8 -v -v -v OpenSSH_3.8.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004 debug1: Reading... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venusunil
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Application failed when remote login

I have an application (EXE file) in a Windows 2003 server. Through a DOS batch script, I called that application file using UNC path and working fine when locally login. But got failed when I tried the same batch script on remote login. The login id has been provided all the below rights: - Log on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_sethu
0 Replies

8. Solaris

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/usr password

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/user password with rlogin we can ujse .rhosts file but with ssh howits possible plz guide (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

9. AIX

Number of failed login using SSH Dictionary attack

Dears how to Block the connection after 3 to 5 login attempts using SSH Dictionary attack (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies

10. BSD

Connection SSH to remote by ssh

Hello guys! I am setting up a script to access a unix remote server. My problem is that when I put the ssh line "my host", the script does not wait for the server response asking for the password to execute the line in which I put the password, that is, I need to put a form in which script has a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aroucasp
1 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SHELL-QUOTE(1)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.16.3 2010-06-11 SHELL-QUOTE(1)