Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Modems still in operation?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Modems still in operation? Post 302508543 by jgt on Monday 28th of March 2011 12:07:36 PM
Old 03-28-2011
This topic should be banned,just because of the effect it has on my blood pressure and ulcers.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Win-modems

Does anyone know of the where abouts of a Win-Modem Driver for linux ? Ifyou do PLEASE give me the URL because i need one badly (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JeZzTeR
1 Replies

2. Linux

Linux & Internal Modems

Hello There! Why is it so difficult (read: impossible) to configure and run an internal modem in linux operating system. Not all can afford an external modem and hardware modems are obsolete as well as out of production. Is it impossible to write software drivers for an internal modem to work... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jawwad
6 Replies

3. SuSE

Linux & External USB Modems

Hello There, I can understand that this is a classic problem with linux that it does not support even the hardware external modems. I have recently tried a USR External USB v 92 Modem (Model USR 5636). It has got its own DSP @56 Mhz, flash ram of 256 KBs and a EEPROM for upgrading the firmware.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jawwad
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with arithmetic operation

I am using egrep to extract numbers from a file and storing them as variables in a script. But I am not able to do any arithmetic operations on the variables using "expr" because it stores them as char and not integers. Here is my code and the error I get. Any help will be appreciated. #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emjayshaikh
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

regarding internal modems

hi I have two internal modems connected in my system. For these two lines i have connected two separate telephone lines. When i try to call from one modem through the telephone line i get connect message. when i try to call from the other telephone line connected to another modem i did not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajas1982
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array operation

Hi, I would like ask for you help for coding array operation. array= ( a b c d e f ) I would like to remove entry "d" from my array and import the remaining entries back to the array. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat operation

Hi, Can anyone explain me what is the functionality of this code cat << EOF > $TSTFILE /$1/ { print "SENT" } EOF Suggestions welcome Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

string operation

i am new user of unix.i have a question.My script is- export STR_ALFA=`head -2 "${FILE_PATH}"|tail -1|cut -d"," -f1` "${TEST_HOME}"/function/chk_alfa.ksh STR_ALFA now i want to check STR_ALFA: 1)whether is alphabetic 2)whether is numeric 3)whether is alphanumeric... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

string operation

i am new user of unix.i have a question.My script is- export STR_ALFA=`head -2 "${FILE_PATH}"|tail -1|cut -d"," -f1` "${TEST_HOME}"/function/chk_alfa.ksh STR_ALFA now i want to check STR_ALFA: 1)whether is alphabetic 2)whether is numeric 3)whether is alphanumeric... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies
glutDialsFunc(3GLUT)						       GLUT						      glutDialsFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutDialsFunc - sets the dial & button box dials callback for the current window. SYNTAX
void glutDialsFunc(void (*func)(int dial, int value)); ARGUMENTS
func The new dials callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutDialsFunc sets the dial & button box dials callback for the current window. The dial & button box dials callback for a window is called when the window has dial & button box input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates dial & button box dial changes. The dial parameter will be the dial number (starting at one). The number of available dial & button box dials can be determined with glutDeviceGet(GLUT_NUM_DIALS). The value measures the absolute rotation in degrees. Dial values do not ``roll over'' with each com- plete rotation but continue to accumulate degrees (until the int dial value overflows). Registering a dial & button box dials callback when a dial & button box device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no dial & button box dials callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutDialsFunc disables the generation of dial & button box dials callbacks. When a new window is created, no dial & button box dials callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutButtonBoxFunc, glutDeviceGet AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutDialsFunc(3GLUT)