Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users size for sum variable limitation on awk Post 302508216 by ctsgnb on Saturday 26th of March 2011 05:34:49 PM
Old 03-26-2011
To see the printf formatting check this : Formatted Printing (sed & awk, Second Edition)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Size Limitation for a user directory

Hi all, I want to set a size limitation for some user in the system, for an example, each user only have 5MB free space in the system. The user cannot user more than 5 MB space. Is it possible to do this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: felix_koo
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX 11i - File Size Limitation And Number Of Folders Limitation

Hi All, Can anyone please clarify me the following questions: 1. Is there any file size limitation in HP-UX 11i, that I can able to create upto certain size of file (say 2 GB) and not more then that???? 2. At max. how many files we can able to keep inside a folder???? 3. How many... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundeep_mohanty
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File size limitation of unix sort command.

hi , iam trying to sort millions of records which is delimited and i cant able to use sort command more than 60 million..if i try to do so i got an message stating that "File size limit exceeded",Is there any file size limit for using sort command.. How can i solve this problem. thanks ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
7 Replies

4. Linux

File size limitation for rcp

Hi I am trying to rcp a file from Solaris box to Linux. When the file size is 2,205,255,047, the rcp fails with the message Jan 10 01:11:53 hqsas167 rsh: pam_authenticate: error Authentication failed However when I rcp a file with smaller size - 9,434,477 - the rcp completes with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: schoubal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Size limitation in Tar command

Hi to every body there, I am new this forum and this is my first post. I am a new user of Unix, is there any size limitation of files while creating tar file. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manvar Khan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetchmail - log file size limitation

Hi, I am using fetchmail in my application so as to download mails to the localhost where the application is hosted from the mailserver.Fetchmail is configured as as to run as a daemon polling mails during an interval of 1sec. So my concern here is, during each 2sec it is writing two... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find command -size option limitation ?

Hi All, I ran code in test environment to find the files more than 1TB given below is a snippet from code: FILE_SYSTEM=/home/arun MAX_FILE_LIMIT=1099511627776 find $FILE_SYSTEM -type f -size +"$MAX_FILE_LIMIT"c -ls -xdev 2>/dev/null | while read fname do echo "File larger than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to extend 2 GB file size limitation

Hello All, I am using a SunOS machine. My application creates output files for the downstream systems. However output files are restricted to 2GB of file size in SunOS due to which I am forced to create multiple files which is not supported by the downstream due to some limitations. Is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasupuleti81
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search two patterns using awk to print the variable sum

Coins.txt: gold 1 1986 USA American Eagle gold 1 1908 Austria-Hungary Franz Josef 100 Korona silver 10 1981 USA ingot gold 1 1984 Switzerland ingot gold 1 1979 RSA Krugerrand gold 0.5 1981 RSA Krugerrand gold 0.1 1986 PRC Panda silver 1 1986 USA Liberty dollar gold 0.25 1986 USA Liberty... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh M
2 Replies

10. Linux

File size limitation in Linux

Hi friends, I tried to take a backup of my PC using tar command. But it ended with an error tar: /home/backup/back.tar.gz: Cannot write: No space left on device tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now But i checked the disk space and there is enough space is available. ]# df Filesystem... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva3492
11 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)