Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tron Legacy
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Tron Legacy Post 302508179 by ni2 on Saturday 26th of March 2011 10:46:09 AM
Old 03-26-2011
Tron Legacy

Watched it. Major disappointment.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

CMI Legacy

Is there anyone who still uses CMI to connect to the legacy system , my c applications do uses the binaries and libraries for using the CMI functionality but i do not have access to the original source code , and since this is a very old stuff , i just could not get any source to get to knwo the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dino_leix
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How to set up legacy services right on Solaris 10

I want to add auto startup and shutdown script to Solaris 10's legacy services as they run in Solaris 9 or in Linux. To make this work, I created the crontrol script in /etc/init.d and then link it to /etc/rc0.d and /etc/rc2.d directories. rc0.d is for shutdown and rc2.d is for srat. After I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
15 Replies

3. Programming

VERSYS Legacy System

I need help locating the tables that hold the demograhic data in this system on an AIX box. Does anyone know the path? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chelcye
0 Replies

4. Solaris

NFS server on Legacy Container?

Hi All, I have a problem as follows. Historically, there was an Ultra10 workstation running Solaris 8 using automount to access NFS volumes on a Solaris 8 server. The Ultra 10 was retired and the Solaris 8 server has been migrated to a Legacy Container (Solaris 8 Branded, whole root,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Determine if you are in a Legacy Zone?

Hi Folks, Just a quick question here, about Legacy Zones. Well more about how to determine if you are actually in one, on logging into a legacy zone - is there a quick way of checking that? Regards Gull04 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Upgrading legacy packages with patch

Hi, All of our production servers are installed with Apache and OpenSSL from source and not yum. My boss has assigned me with a task of upgrading all production servers Apache httpd & openssl to the latest patch from Centos Repo. Is it possible to do this via yum? Please suggest the best... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
10 Replies
getmajor(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					      getmajor(9F)

NAME
getmajor - get major device number SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/mkdev.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> major_t getmajor(dev_t dev); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
dev Device number. DESCRIPTION
getmajor() extracts the major number from a device number. RETURN VALUES
The major number. CONTEXT
getmajor() can be called from user or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using getmajor() The following example shows both the getmajor() and getminor(9F) functions used in a debug cmn_err(9F) statement to return the major and minor numbers for the device supported by the driver. dev_t dev; #ifdef DEBUG cmn_err(CE_NOTE,"Driver Started. Major# = %d, Minor# = %d", getmajor(dev), getminor(dev)); #endif SEE ALSO
cmn_err(9F), getminor(9F), makedevice(9F) Writing Device Drivers WARNINGS
No validity checking is performed. If dev is invalid, an invalid number is returned. SunOS 5.10 11 Apr 1991 getmajor(9F)