Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Measure thread execution (in C, unix) Post 302507275 by Corona688 on Wednesday 23rd of March 2011 11:12:22 AM
Old 03-23-2011
I'm not quite sure I understand the question. Sorry. Smilie What's the difference between thread time and system time?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU load unit of measure?

If unix says my cpu load is 2.15 exactly what does that mean? --Jason (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mac J
1 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

How to post a new thread (Regarding Unix related doubts) in Unix Forums

How to post a new thread (Regarding Unix related doubts) in Unix Forums. I registered my id but I am unable to post my Questions to Forum. Thanks & Regards, indusri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indusri
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a command to measure compile speed?

Hello Ive written 2 programs in shell and I need to compare their speed (Compile) against one another. what methods could I go about doing this? Is there a feature in shell do accommodate this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darklight
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to measure g++ performance?

I am working on an application with some rather interesting build performance issues. If we build on Solaris/Linux x86/AMD64 the build is rather fast, but it takes more than five times as long on our Solaris Sparc servers (single-threaded builds on the workstations, but multi-threaded on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
5 Replies

5. Solaris

What exactly does 'zpool iostat' measure?

hi there, i'd like to know what exactly zpool's iostat (-v) output measure, especially the writes. Is it only the writes to the ZIL or all writes (including commmits) to the disks? if anyone knows, that'd be helpful roti (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rotunda
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Implementing thread in UNIX

Hi For our load testing , we are using stubs (unix shell script) which send the response to the request coming from the application. As the unix stub is single threaded , it is responding to only one request whereas multiple requests come in parallely. I haven't worked on thread concepts... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jenanee
5 Replies

7. AIX

How to measure waiting time in run queue?

Hello guys, I am doing a performance analysis on one of our psystem. Most of time I am using Nmon analyser to do my trend graph. But I can't find any help with it. We are interesting in the time spend by tasks in Aix run queue. After looking the Aix documentation, I am pessimist to find any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GiiGii
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to measure IOPS?

Hi I have a system running solaris 10, and I intend to use a NetApp as its storage system. The application requires a throughput between the server and the storage 7000 disk IOPS (random IO sustained throughput with response time of 20 mili second and 16k block size). How to make sure that I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Thread Execution Issue . . .

Greetings! I set up a basic threading specimen which does the job:#!/usr/bin/python import threading class a(threading.Thread): def __init__(self): threading.Thread.__init__(self) def run(self): print("thread a finished") class b(threading.Thread): ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
0 Replies
PTHREAD_SCHEDPARAM(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 				     PTHREAD_SCHEDPARAM(3)

NAME
pthread_setschedparam, pthread_getschedparam -- thread scheduling parameter manipulation LIBRARY
POSIX Threads Library (libpthread, -lpthread) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_setschedparam(pthread_t thread, int policy, const struct sched_param *param); int pthread_getschedparam(pthread_t thread, int * restrict policy, struct sched_param * restrict param); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_setschedparam() and pthread_getschedparam() functions set and get the scheduling parameters of individual threads. The schedul- ing policy for a thread can be: SCHED_FIFO First in, first out. SCHED_RR Round-robin. SCHED_OTHER The system default. The thread priority (accessed via param->sched_priority) must be at least PTHREAD_MIN_PRIORITY and no more than PTHREAD_MAX_PRIORITY. RETURN VALUES
If successful, these functions return 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
pthread_setschedparam() may fail if: [EINVAL] The value specified by policy is invalid. [ENOTSUP] Invalid value for scheduling parameters. [ESRCH] Non-existent thread thread. pthread_getschedparam() may fail if: [ESRCH] Non-existent thread thread. SEE ALSO
pthread_attr_getschedparam(3), sched(3) STANDARDS
Both functions conform to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
July 9, 2010 BSD