Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Csh Programming Considered Harmful Post 302507123 by kristinu on Tuesday 22nd of March 2011 08:58:25 PM
Old 03-22-2011
Can use bash. Would that be ok?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c programming or unix programming!?

i would like advice on the usbject of c programming (in the middle of reading a book on C). could i benefit more if i apply that knowledge in the unix format if i were able to, or would that take the point out of learning C, basically I want to stay away from strying too far away from unix and use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh failing to call an 2 embedded csh script

I have an extraordinary problem with a csh script.....(feel free to berate the use of this but I'm modifying an existing bunch of them) Anyway, I have a master csh script which in turn calls a second csh script. This second csh script is below. Within this second script are two compiled C++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pollsizer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

4. Programming

C: why decimals considered double by default ?

Can anybody tell me why any literal constant real numbers are double by default in C ? Why is the default not float ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
2 Replies

5. AIX

Background & is considered as Idle

Our Aix Unix has one issue. If I type xedit & after 30 minutes, xedit auto shut down. If I type xedit xedit will run forward. I feel this & doesn't perform as it should be. When I use &, system consider this process as idle. How to fix this issue? Does this mean unix env... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: david_hu_66
12 Replies

6. Programming

Why is C/C++ considered low-level languages???

Hi friends, I hope everyone is doing well and fine. I have always been hearing that C/C++ are relatively low-level as compared to Java/C# etc. Could you please tell me some low-level qualities of C/C++? And I think disk deframenters are written in C/C++, please correct me if I am wrong. And please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Google reporting UNIX.com as harmful site

Google is reporting unix.com as harmful site. For example, if one types site:unix.com php into the Google search box, Google says Migration of website... PHP/Mysql -which path for DB.php - The ... This site may harm your computer. 7 posts - 3 authors - May 28 Hi, I have two websites:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Considered basic but advanced outcome (Custom Backup Solution)

Ive a problem that I'm reaching out for help. Ive written (With bits and pieces) of script that is not running as expected or is having an issue causing processes to spiral out of control. The script does this: Unloads a UV database server Tars up a few folders Transfers the file to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: coastdweller
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Time command issuing all zeroes (is now considered homework help)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: A common problem arising in games and simulations is to generate a random arrangements of integers from 1 to N.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamentofking
5 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux