Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script to parse output and print it comma separated Post 302505916 by pravin27 on Friday 18th of March 2011 02:31:53 AM
Old 03-18-2011
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

open (FH,"Outputfile") or die "FAIL- $!\n";
while (<FH>) {
chomp;
@fields=split(/\s+/);
push(@{$fields[0]},$fields[1]);
$hash{$fields[0]}=\@{$fields[0]};
}

for($i=0;$i<($./5);$i++) {
foreach (sort(keys(%hash))) {
printf "%s ",$hash{$_}[$i];
}
print "\n";
}

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To parse through the file and print output using awk or sed script

suppose if u have a file like that Hen ABCCSGSGSGJJJJK 15 Cock ABCCSGGGSGIJJJL 15 * * * * * * : * * * . * * * : Hen CFCDFCSDFCDERTF 30 Cock CHCDFCSDHCDEGFI 30 * . * * * * * * * : * * :* : : . The output shud be where there is : and . It shud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to parse the contents of comma-separated file

Dear All, I have a comma-separated file. 1. The first line of the file(header) should have 4 commas(5 fields). 2. The last line of the file should have 1 comma(2 fields). Pls help me in checking this condition in a shell script. And the number of lines between the first line and last... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrishnaSaran
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse apart strings of comma separated data with varying number of fields

I have a situation where I am reading a text file line-by-line. Those lines of data contain comma separated fields of data. However, each line can vary in the number of fields it can contain. What I need to do is parse apart each line and write each field of data found (left to right) into a file.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Its PERL + Comma separated seventh field

Hi Friends, I'm working on a perl script, which seems to be simpler. But I'm very new to PERL scripting. I have a comma separated data file, from which I need to extract only the seventh field data out of available twenty fields to an array using perl. Any help would be much appreciated. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help parse comma separated list

I have a list of files with the same name, but they have a different date stamp in the name. I can find the first file, but I need to find the second file. I am using this information to create a variable I use later. Here is a example of how I find the first file. "ls -mr... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoMadBanker
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of command in comma separated list

Hi; I have an output of a particular command say $command fstl:r-x ajay:r-x how can i get this in comma separated list, eg: fstl:r-x,ajay:r-x Thnks; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print - fields separated with comma's need to ignore inbetween double quotes

I am trying to re-format a .csv file using awk. I have 6 fields in the .csv file. Some of the fields are enclosed in double quotes and contain comma's inside the quotes. awk is breaking this into multiple fields. Sample lines from the .csv file: Device Name,Personnel,Date,Solution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxrst
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need comma separated output

Hi, I am having the file with server names & its corresponding process, i need your help how to convert into comma separated output between server & app #cat apps.txt Server1 oracle was Server2 http webadmin Server3 tsm db2 My requirement is like below. Server1,oracle/was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse comma separated field and removing comma in between number and double quotes

Hi Experts, Please support I have below data in file in comma seperated, but 4th column is containing comma in between numbers, bcz of which when i tried to parse the file the column 6th value(5049641141) is being removed from the file and value(222.82) in column 5 becoming value of column6. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
3 Replies
DBFDUMP(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						DBFDUMP(1)

NAME
dbfdump - Dump the record of the dbf file FORMAT
dbfdump [options] files where options are --rs output record separator (default newline) --fs output field separator (default colon) --fields comma separated list of fields to print (default all) --undef string to print for NULL values (default empty) --memofile specifies unstandard name of attached memo file --memosep separator for dBase III dbt's (default x1ax1a) --nomemo do not try to read the memo (dbt/fpt) file --info print info about the file and fields with additional --SQL parameter, outputs the SQL create table --version print version of the XBase library --table output in nice table format (only available when Data::ShowTable is installed, overrides rs and fs) SYNOPSIS
dbfdump -fields id,msg table.dbf dbfdump -fs=' : ' table dbfdump --nomemo file.dbf ssh user@host 'cat file.dbf.gz' | gunzip - | dbfdump - DESCRIPTION
Dbfdump prints to standard output the content of dbf files listed. By default, it prints all fields, separated by colons, one record on a line. The output record and column separators can be changed by switches on the command line. You can also ask only for some fields to be printed. The content of associated memo files (dbf, fpt) is printed for memo fields, unless you use the "--nomemo" option. You can specify reading the standard input by putting dash (-) instead of file name. AUTHOR
(c) 1998--1999 Jan Pazdziora, adelton@fi.muni.cz, http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/ at Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic SEE ALSO
perl(1); XBase(3) perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 DBFDUMP(1)