Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Where can I find Sun Documents? Document ID: 75970 Post 302505805 by Keepcase on Thursday 17th of March 2011 06:06:07 PM
Old 03-17-2011
Where can I find Sun Documents? Document ID: 75970

I am looking for the below Document ID:

Document ID: 75970 Title: "Simulating a Boot Drive Failure for Testing Purposes for Solstice[TM] DiskSuite, Solaris[TM] Volume Manager or Veritas Volume Manager"

I tried searching on the web and Oracle and I cannot find this document; ever since Oracle consumed Sun I've had a lot of issues finding documentation regarding Sun Products... Anyone else having these issues?

If anyone knows the link or sites that hold this information please let me know!

I found the following blueprint url (which I dropped in case anyone needed to find the best Sun BluePrints)

Sun BluePrints

Thanks!
Keep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on find a document

Hey all, I've been trying to find a document. The document is a list of all supported hardware that Solaris 7 supports. If anyone knows where this can be found thx in advanced. I've tried looking through the docs.sun.com site and can't find what I am after. It's just a list of hardware... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find command loops in a sun Solaris 8 cluster

It has happended twice the past 3 months. The find command which is the standard part of unix accounting script "dodisk", which searches directories to find out how much disk space a user has used. On a particular cluster of 6 servers, several file systems, the find command has twice used all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottman
2 Replies

3. Solaris

sudo documents

I have installed sudo on our development server (SPARC,Solaris 9) and trying to edit /etc/sudoers file using visudo. Referred the following sites and not able to find the way. http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/man/sudoers.html http://www.kempston.net/solaris/sudo.html To start with sudo, my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a special string in a text document

Hi, i got stuck in creating a search job. I have a text file which looks like this: ====================== Backup - OK - Backup - OK - Backup - ERROR - Backup - WARNING - ====================== I want to search the text file for the string ERROR. If this string is present in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnino
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

2 (two) here documents in a row

Ok, it may sound a bit stupid but I can't find the answer.. How do one put 2 here documents in a row? for instance, i want to do something like: diff <<eof <<eof2 # doesn't work... > a > b > eof > a > c > eof2 its mostly to satisfy my curiosity!! thanks, Anthony (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthalamus
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Here document inside a here document?

Can we use a here document inside a here document? Something like this ssh user@remotehost << REMOTE sudo vserver vsernamename enter << VSERVER perform actions on vserver. VSERVER REMOTE (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find FC info on Sun x86 system?

Hi, we have a Sun x4150 server connecting to Brocade switches. I need to get all WWN on the Sun server. Here is the result: # fcinfo hba-port No Adapters Found. # prtconf -vp | grep -i wwn # luxadm probe ERROR: No Fibre Channel Adapters found. # luxadm -e port ERROR: No Fibre Channel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to find missing disks on Sun x4150 without reboot?

Hi, Here is the issue: There are 4 disks on this Sun x4150 system under Solaris 10, but only 1 disk can be seen by the OS. I've tried commands disks and devfsadm but not working. It's an important production server, so 'reboot -r' is not a choice. # format < /dev/null Searching for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find / sed on lnx/AIX/sun

Hello @all first of all in the best case this script has to work on every os (lnx/aix/sun). It's very simple what it should do. I have a standard path and I'll call it for this example /myhome/scripts Within this path there are more files and folders and some of them are tagged with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miniqpa
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How-to find SerialNumber Sun E2900

several newbie questions: > how-to find serialnumber for Sun E2900 prtdiag -v does not show chassis serial number > LOM is not connectable . Are there any tools to get automatically Serial numbers for HW. Thanks ! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
7 Replies
gpdf(1) 							   User Commands							   gpdf(1)

NAME
gpdf - view PDF documents SYNOPSIS
gpdf [gnome-std-options] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
The PDF Document Viewer application is based on xpdf. PDF Document Viewer provides viewing features such as panning, zoom in, zoom out, best fit, and fit width. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename The name of the to be . EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the PDF Document Viewer example% gpdf Example 2: Opening the Document test.pdf in PDF Document Viewer example% gpdf test.pdf ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of gpdf: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gpdf Executable for PDF Document Viewer. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-* | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
PDF Document Viewer Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Niall Power, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 1 Oct 2003 gpdf(1)