Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A complex sed statement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting A complex sed statement Post 302505513 by cgkmal on Thursday 17th of March 2011 05:42:12 AM
Old 03-17-2011
If the file contains blank lines between both lines:
Code:
awk -F"|" '/\$AB_COMPONENTS/{ print gensub(/.*\$AB_COMPONENTS\/.*\/(.*)\..*/,"\\1","");
getline; getline; print $9}' input
Sort
And the sort

If the file doesn't contain blank lines between lines:

Code:
awk -F"|" '/\$AB_COMPONENTS/{ print gensub(/.*\$AB_COMPONENTS\/.*\/(.*)\..*/,"\\1","");
getline; print $9}' input
Sort
And the sort

Regards
This User Gave Thanks to cgkmal For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Sed/Awk Question?

Hello, So i have this file called /apps/turnout which looks like that of the contents of the /etc/shadow (but not exactly) the file has a long list in it. basically, the contents of this file looks something similar to the following: jajajajalala:D#$#AFVAdfda lalabavisof:#%R@fafla#$... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex sed replacement

Hi, I have a file that I would like to translate using sed. I can do some basic sed commands, but Im afraid this level is beyond me. I have this file - ...alter... .. ...65536... ... ...65536... ... ...alter... ... ...65536... etc What I would like to do is replace the first... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: one_ring99
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double Spacing complex sed pipeline

my script: FILE="$1" echo "You Entered $FILE" if ; then tmp=$(cat $FILE | sed '/./!d' | sed -n '/regex/,/regex/{/regex/d;p}'| sed -n '/---/,+2!p' | sed -n '/#/!p' | sed 's/^*//' | sed -e\ s/*:// | sed -n '/==> /!p' | sed -n '/--> /!p' | sed -n '/regex/,+1!p' | sed -n '/======/!p' | sed -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omgsomuchppl
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED complex string replacement

sed -i 's:"ps -ef | grep $(cat $PID_FILE) | grep -v grep":"ps -C java -o pid,cmd | grep ${SERVER_NAME} | cut -d' ' -f1 | grep -v grep":g' scriptName That's what I'm attempting to do. I'm attempting to replace this: ps -ef | grep $(cat $PID_FILE) | grep -v grep with this: ps -C java -o... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : semi complex if statement question

Hi there I am trying to write an if statement in perl that will return "SUCCESS" if either of these conditions are true a) if $changes is greater than 5 AND the $force flag is set to 1 OR b) if $changes is greater than 0 AND $changes is less than 6 #!/usr/bin/perl -w my $force =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: How to modify files in a complex way

Hello, I am new to sed and hope that someone can help me with the following task. I need to modify a txt file which has format like this: xy=CreateDB|head.queue|head.source|head.definition|rtf.edit|rtf.task|rft.cut abc|source|divine|line4|5|true into something like: head.queue=abc... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkypunky
19 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Complex If statement

can anyone please explain my below statement, i am confused. if || \ || \ || \ || then (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kd09714
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

complex if statement syntax without using 'if ..' keyword in ksh.

It saves me lot of typing and space/lines when I do not use full 'if' keyword and construct, instead use .. && <statement> || <statement> that perfectly replaces.. if ; then <statement> else <statement> fi Can I use following syntax when I want to add multiple statements under 'if'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Filter using grep, awk or sed

Hi, I'm not very familiar witrh sed or awk and hope the somebody can help me to solve my problem. I need to filter a text report using grep, sed or awk. I would like to cut out text lines with the pattern INFO and if exists the following lines of the pattern DETAILS. I need te keep the lines with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frankg
4 Replies
EMPTY-PAGE(1)							 ExactImage Manual						     EMPTY-PAGE(1)

NAME
empty-page - empty page detector of the ExactImage toolkit SYNOPSIS
empty-page [option...] {-i | --input} input-file empty-page {-h | --help} DESCRIPTION
ExactImage is a fast C++ image processing library. Unlike many other library frameworks it allows operation in several color spaces and bit depths natively, resulting in low memory and computational requirements. empty-page counts dark pixels of a black and white image and decides with a threshold whether the page is most probably empty, and thus can be removed from the image processing stream. OPTIONS
-i file, --input file Read image from the specified file. -m n, --margin n Set width of border margin to skip. For speed reasons, the margin has to be a multiple of 8. The default is 16. -p x, --percentage x Set fraction of permissible dark pixels. The default is 0.05 (5%). -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXAMPLES
$ empty-page -i test.tif The image has 75461 dark pixels from a total of 1060992 (7.11231%). non-empty EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 if the image is mostly white, 1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
exactimage(7) AUTHORS
Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> Wrote this manual page for the Debian system. http://www.exactcode.de/site/open_source/exactimage/ This manual page incorporates texts found on the ExactImage homepage. COPYRIGHT
This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2. empty-page 09/09/2013 EMPTY-PAGE(1)