Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Calling macro in shell_exec not working Post 302505497 by tweine on Thursday 17th of March 2011 05:07:19 AM
Old 03-17-2011
Calling macro in shell_exec not working

Hi guys! I really need your help.
I have a php code that should convert doc, ppt,etc. to pdf using openoffice. But its not working, and im not sure what the problem is.

Here's my php code:
PHP Code:
define('OOFFICE_LIBRARY''/usr/lib/openoffice.org/program/');
$convertToPdf OOFFICE_LIBRARY 'soffice -invisible -headless -norestore "macro:///Standard.Module1.SaveAsPdf("' $fileSourcePath '")"';
shell_exec($convertToPdf); 
the above command works fine when run directly on the command line, but when used in php code, its not working.

and here's my macro:
Code:
Sub SaveDocAsPdf ( cFile )
	Dim oDoc as object

cURL = ConvertToUrl ( cFile )

oDoc = StarDesktop.loadComponentFromURL( cURL, "_blank", 0, Array(MakePropertyValue( "Hidden", True ),))

cFile = Left( cFile, Len( cFile ) - 4 )
	cURL = ConvertToURL( cFile + ".pdf")

'Save the document using a filter.
		oDoc.storeToURL( cURL, Array( MakePropertyValue( "FilterName", "writer_pdf_Export" ) ) )

oDoc.close( True )
End Sub

Function MakePropertyValue( Optional cName As String, Optional uValue ) As com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
	' oPropertyValue = createUnoStruct( "com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue" )
	Dim oPropertyValue As New com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
	If Not IsMissing( cName ) Then
		oPropertyValue.Name = cName
	EndIf
	If Not IsMissing( uValue ) Then
		oPropertyValue.Value = uValue
	EndIf
	MakePropertyValue() = oPropertyValue
End Function

I created the macro using the user 'root'. Through the command line, I used the "soffice " command that launches the openoffice. Btw, Im using a linux-php environment.

Hope someone could help me with this. Been trying to figure this out for days. Smilie Thanks a lot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling current working dir from script

Hello, I am having problem in setting current working directory from shell. I want to set pwd as an environmental variable in a script. I am following an existing script which is defined as HOME=$(shell dirname `pwd`) C_HOME=$(shell echo $(HOME) | sed -e 's:\/:\\\/:g' ) But when I am trying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandra004
3 Replies

2. Programming

Make-question - redefine a macro, using another macro..?

I think there is no problem to use any macro in a new macro definishion, but I have a problem with that. I can not understand why? I have a *.mak file that inludes file with many definitions and rules. ############################################## include dstndflt.mak ... One of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with PHP and shell_exec!!!

Hi, I've been working on a PHP script which is "supposed" to find an individuals weather based on their geolocation. This script uses "shell_exec". I have checked my syntax and it is correct, but there is still something missing; for when I call on the script using: <form action='/weather.php'... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh is not working while calling through expect shell script

Hi, Please share you experience and way out on below error:--> #!/bin/bash -xv FILE=login.txt + FILE=login.txt CONNECT=sshlogin.exp + CONNECT=sshlogin.exp SERVERNAME=$1 + SERVERNAME=192.168.12.1 MyServer="" + MyServer= MyUser="" + MyUser= MyPassword="" + MyPassword= exec 3<&0 +... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish_1678
6 Replies

5. Web Development

trouble with shell_exec()

If you aren't familiar with LaTeX, don't stress.. it's just a document markup language that I use for creating Math documents. Anyway, if I execute "latex /home/destructo/Desktop/example.tex" inside my command prompt (ubuntu), it will create the desired document... I decided to try to create a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tyrick
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

c binary not being executed with shell_exec()

I have written a c program. And compiled it to make a binary. Now when i try to call this binary from php page, it is not being executed. [ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
2 Replies

7. Web Development

php shell_exec

Hey guys i've recently been getting into php programming and i became thinking was it possible to create a php script that would allow you to run a terminal from the browser page? All i've pretty much got so far is: $var = $_GET; $output = php shell_exec($var); echo $output; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordfirex
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling awk from php not working

I want to run awk from php to do some text processing. I am giving an extremely simple example below: onecol.awk file ------------------- { print "Hello!"; } f1.txt --------- aaa ccc eee f2.txt --------- (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mary271
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus with shell_exec(); PHP command

Hi, I need to run a PL/SQL Query from a distant oracle server in order to create spool files and send it to my own server, using a php script. I firstly created a SH script called myscript.sh #!/bin/bash echo "This script is working" sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgstag
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell_exec is not working

I am trying to execute a command with shell_exec but this command does not work, other commands work <?php $output = shell_exec("tail /var/log/syslog"); echo "<pre>$output</pre>"; ?> (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rodrigo_Bueno
4 Replies
CURL_INIT(3)								 1							      CURL_INIT(3)

curl_init - Initialize a cURL session

SYNOPSIS
resource curl_init NULL ([string $url]) DESCRIPTION
Initializes a new session and return a cURL handle for use with the curl_setopt(3), curl_exec(3), and curl_close(3) functions. PARAMETERS
o $url - If provided, the CURLOPT_URL option will be set to its value. You can manually set this using the curl_setopt(3) function. Note The file protocol is disabled by cURL if open_basedir is set. RETURN VALUES
Returns a cURL handle on success, FALSE on errors. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Initializing a new cURL session and fetching a web page <?php // create a new cURL resource $ch = curl_init(); // set URL and other appropriate options curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "http://www.example.com/"); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0); // grab URL and pass it to the browser curl_exec($ch); // close cURL resource, and free up system resources curl_close($ch); ?> SEE ALSO
curl_close(3), curl_multi_init(3). PHP Documentation Group CURL_INIT(3)