Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Executing Procedure from shell script.. Post 302505126 by msrahman on Wednesday 16th of March 2011 09:53:57 AM
Old 03-16-2011
Is it possible to add "Execute procedure" script in my current existing "Create or Replace Procedure script".

I would like this to work simultaneously "create and execute the procedure"

The script to create procedure is;
HTML Code:
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE PDAC_UPDATE_ALLOW_DENY_SERV
IS
   tmpVar   NUMBER;
/******************************************************************************
   NAME:       UPDATE_ALLOW_DENY_SERV
   PURPOSE:
   REVISIONS:
   Ver        Date        Author           Description
   ---------  ----------  ---------------  ------------------------------------
   1.0        11/29/2010   Mohamed.S.Rahman       1. Created this procedure.
   NOTES:
   Automatically available Auto Replace Keywords:
      Object Name:     UPDATE_ALLOW_DENY_SERV
      Sysdate:         11/29/2010
      Date and Time:   11/29/2010, 11:14:18 AM, and 11/29/2010 11:14:18 AM
      Username:        rsa11355 (set in TOAD Options, Procedure Editor)
      Table Name:       (set in the "New PL/SQL Object" dialog)
******************************************************************************/
BEGIN
   tmpVar := 0;
   UPDATE DMERCLINE
      SET allow_serv = allow_serv / 1000
    WHERE sadmerc_receipt_dt BETWEEN TO_DATE ('06-Oct-09')
                                 AND TO_DATE ('30-Jun-10');
   UPDATE DMERCLINE
      SET deny_serv = deny_serv / 1000
    WHERE sadmerc_receipt_dt BETWEEN TO_DATE ('06-Oct-09')
                                 AND TO_DATE ('30-Jun-10');
END PDAC_UPDATE_ALLOW_DENY_SERV;
/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle procedure is not executing in uix

Hi Guys, I am trying to tun a oracle proedure throgh unix shell script but it is not running i dont know why ? i have tested this procedure in sqlplus and it was working fine. can you see the script and sql file and let me know where is my mistake. script:bm_chart_table_loading.sh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for call a procedure in Oracle DB

Hi everyone! I'm new with Shell Scripting, and I have to do a shell script to call a procedure, which have 2 input parameters, the directory(from server) and the txt file (which have informations to update/insert in DB). I have to create a shell script to execute that procedure for each txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renatoal
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute the stored procedure from shell script

How to execute the stored procedure from shell script and is there any possibility to print the dbms output in a log file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshmurs
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing oracle procedure using cronjob

Hi, Below is the code to execute the procedure "dbms_job.broken" from the shell script. on executing manually, it works properly without any error. but it is not working when scheduled using the cronjob. #!/usr/bin/bash user_name="oracdb" password="ora123" tns="localdb"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get OUT parameter of a stored procedure in shell script?

I am invoking a SQL script from shell script. This SQL script will invoke a stored procedure(which has the OUT parameter). I want to have the OUT parameter in the shell script as a variable. Is this possible? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing procedure using script

Hi, I want to have a automted script to exceute 20 procedures one by one. Suppose below is one procedure once it get executed script will write "PL/SQL procedure successfully completed." to a log for ex- exec dbms_stats.gather_table_stats(); Now later procedure starts executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SP2-0642 error while executing procedure from shell script

hi all, i have a unix script where i am calling a database procedure from it. while executing the procedure i am getting an error: but when i tried to call the same procedure manually then it ran successfully, i goggled this issue and found timezone.dat file missing at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stored Procedure not executing

below code is not executing the stored procedure,not sure what the issue.Even sqllog is blank.please help me its very urgent. sqlplus -s $connect_str@$DB_ORACLE_SID >> ${SQL_LOG_FILE} << EOF set serverout on set feed off set head off set pages 0 set colsep , set tab off set lin 150... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why i can't execute the procedure in shell script?

i have the following code inside a shell script .prog in oracle server when i call the program DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(x_return_status|| ln_rep_req_id); will return 0 , it is very strange , i try to submit the concurrent request in oracle , and it can successfully executed, what am i missing ? i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feilhk
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while running Procedure in shell script

Hi All, I am running the below proc in unix by connecting through sqlplus and the procedure is completing successfully. But when i am trying to run through shell scripting by using function. I am getting the error as follows. Please guide me where I am going wrong. #!/bin/sh opera () {... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
6 Replies
MYSQL_CREATE_DB(3)							 1							MYSQL_CREATE_DB(3)

mysql_create_db - Create a MySQL database

SYNOPSIS
Warning This function was deprecated in PHP 4.3.0, and will be removed in the future, along with the entirety of the original MySQL exten- sion. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_query(3) o PDO::query bool mysql_create_db (string $database_name, [resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
mysql_create_db(3) attempts to create a new database on the server associated with the specified link identifier. o $database_name - The name of the database being created. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. Example #1 mysql_create_db(3) alternative example The function mysql_create_db(3) is deprecated. It is preferable to use mysql_query(3) to issue an sql CREATE DATABASE statement instead. <?php $link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password'); if (!$link) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); } $sql = 'CREATE DATABASE my_db'; if (mysql_query($sql, $link)) { echo "Database my_db created successfully "; } else { echo 'Error creating database: ' . mysql_error() . " "; } ?> The above example will output something similar to: Database my_db created successfully Note For backward compatibility, the following deprecated alias may be used: mysql_createdb(3) Note This function will not be available if the MySQL extension was built against a MySQL 4.x client library. mysql_query(3), mysql_select_db(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_CREATE_DB(3)