Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Executing Procedure from shell script.. Post 302504917 by msrahman on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 06:47:38 PM
Old 03-15-2011
I tried with '/' at the end of the script, and i am got this error;
HTML Code:
Enter password:
set serveroutput on size 1000000
ERROR at line 2:
ORA-06550: line 2, column 5:
PL/SQL: ORA-00922: missing or invalid option
ORA-06550: line 2, column 1:
PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
Also in the script, line
HTML Code:
BEGIN
execute zx01211.PDAC_UPDATE_ALLOW_DENY_SERV;
END;
/
i have used "Schema name.procedure name".
HTML Code:
BEGIN
execute zx01211.PDAC_UPDATE_ALLOW_DENY_SERV;
END;
/
Is it the right way to use in the .sql script to execute the procedure?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle procedure is not executing in uix

Hi Guys, I am trying to tun a oracle proedure throgh unix shell script but it is not running i dont know why ? i have tested this procedure in sqlplus and it was working fine. can you see the script and sql file and let me know where is my mistake. script:bm_chart_table_loading.sh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for call a procedure in Oracle DB

Hi everyone! I'm new with Shell Scripting, and I have to do a shell script to call a procedure, which have 2 input parameters, the directory(from server) and the txt file (which have informations to update/insert in DB). I have to create a shell script to execute that procedure for each txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renatoal
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute the stored procedure from shell script

How to execute the stored procedure from shell script and is there any possibility to print the dbms output in a log file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshmurs
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing oracle procedure using cronjob

Hi, Below is the code to execute the procedure "dbms_job.broken" from the shell script. on executing manually, it works properly without any error. but it is not working when scheduled using the cronjob. #!/usr/bin/bash user_name="oracdb" password="ora123" tns="localdb"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get OUT parameter of a stored procedure in shell script?

I am invoking a SQL script from shell script. This SQL script will invoke a stored procedure(which has the OUT parameter). I want to have the OUT parameter in the shell script as a variable. Is this possible? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing procedure using script

Hi, I want to have a automted script to exceute 20 procedures one by one. Suppose below is one procedure once it get executed script will write "PL/SQL procedure successfully completed." to a log for ex- exec dbms_stats.gather_table_stats(); Now later procedure starts executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SP2-0642 error while executing procedure from shell script

hi all, i have a unix script where i am calling a database procedure from it. while executing the procedure i am getting an error: but when i tried to call the same procedure manually then it ran successfully, i goggled this issue and found timezone.dat file missing at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stored Procedure not executing

below code is not executing the stored procedure,not sure what the issue.Even sqllog is blank.please help me its very urgent. sqlplus -s $connect_str@$DB_ORACLE_SID >> ${SQL_LOG_FILE} << EOF set serverout on set feed off set head off set pages 0 set colsep , set tab off set lin 150... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why i can't execute the procedure in shell script?

i have the following code inside a shell script .prog in oracle server when i call the program DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(x_return_status|| ln_rep_req_id); will return 0 , it is very strange , i try to submit the concurrent request in oracle , and it can successfully executed, what am i missing ? i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feilhk
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while running Procedure in shell script

Hi All, I am running the below proc in unix by connecting through sqlplus and the procedure is completing successfully. But when i am trying to run through shell scripting by using function. I am getting the error as follows. Please guide me where I am going wrong. #!/bin/sh opera () {... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
6 Replies
Class::DBI::Search::Basic(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Class::DBI::Search::Basic(3pm)

NAME
Class::DBI::Search::Basic - Simple Class::DBI search SYNOPSIS
my $searcher = Class::DBI::Search::Basic->new( $cdbi_class, @search_args ); my @results = $searcher->run_search; # Over in your Class::DBI subclass: __PACKAGE__->add_searcher( search => "Class::DBI::Search::Basic", isearch => "Class::DBI::Search::Plugin::CaseInsensitive", ); DESCRIPTION
This is the start of a pluggable Search infrastructure for Class::DBI. At the minute Class::DBI::Search::Basic doubles up as both the default search within Class::DBI as well as the search base class. We will probably need to tease this apart more later and create an abstract base class for search plugins. METHODS
new my $searcher = Class::DBI::Search::Basic->new( $cdbi_class, @search_args ); A Searcher is created with the class to which the results will belong, and the arguments passed to the search call by the user. opt if (my $order = $self->opt('order_by')) { ... } The arguments passed to search may contain an options hash. This will return the value of a given option. run_search my @results = $searcher->run_search; my $iterator = $searcher->run_search; Actually run the search. SUBCLASSING
sql / bind / fragment The actual mechanics of generating the SQL and executing it split up into a variety of methods for you to override. run_search() is implemented as: return $cdbi->sth_to_objects($self->sql, $self->bind); Where sql() is $cdbi->sql_Retrieve($self->fragment); There are also a variety of private methods underneath this that could be overridden in a pinch, but if you need to do this I'd rather you let me know so that I can make them public, or at least so that I don't remove them from under your feet. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-10 Class::DBI::Search::Basic(3pm)