Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk line with two conditions
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk line with two conditions Post 302504584 by sgruenwald on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 12:46:34 AM
Old 03-15-2011
Another solution

Code:
orb1=`awk '{print $1}' baseout`; orb2=`awk '{print $2}' baseout`; tempbase=`awk '{print $4}' baseout`; echo $orb1; echo $orb2; echo $tempbase;

$1 gives you the first entry of file baseout and it gets stored in $orb1
$2 gives you the second entry of file baseout and it gets stored in $orb2
$4 gives you the forth entry of the file baseout and it gets stored in $tempbase

Last edited by Franklin52; 03-15-2011 at 04:01 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating conditions for making a new line?

Basically I want to change this: a:b c:d:e f:g h:i:j k:l into a:b c d:e f:g h i:j k:l so like if there is two :'s in one line making the first into a new line. If anyone knows how to do this I would be very appreciative! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Audra
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

About awk conditions

Hello, Can you explain why in the first 2 commands the awk does not print anything? Is it looking of a specific format ? Thanks. $ echo 12a3 | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' # prints nothing $ echo 123a | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' # prints nothing $ echo a123 | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' a123... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majormark
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with two conditions

Hi Everyone, # cat 1 1;2;3;4;5;6 1;2;3;4;5; # awk -F ";" '$5 == "5"' 1 1;2;3;4;5;6 1;2;3;4;5; but the output is should be just "1;2;3;4;5;6" means 1st condition: $5 is 5; 2nd condition: $6 is not empty, please advice. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking conditions with AWK

Input File1 0BB2 2A11 Split,FriApr80625,1507_7RAID5 0BF6 2829 Synchronized,FriJan140653,1507_7RAID5 0BF6 282A Split,FriApr80625,1507_7RAID5 0C7C 199E Synchronized,FriJan140653,1507_7RAID5 0C7C 1BCC Split,FriApr80625,1507_7RAID5 0DCA 0A9B ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete line with conditions

Hi Dude, I am struck up with another problem,Pls help me I am new to perl , I have little knowledge only. The scenario is ssenthil = rw anilkg = rw @group1 = rw anilkg = rw ssenthil = rw i need output as below , I want to find "anilkg" and delete the preceding... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil8103
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditions in awk

Hi there, here is my command ssh host.local "/path/to/my/perscript/hostconfig.pl -s $HOST -d |awk '{if (\$4 > 120)print \"My error message\";exit}{s=0; for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) s++; if(s == 13) print \$3}'" The problem is if conditional 1 is met (i.e $4 > 120), i don't see "My error message", the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with conditions

Hi All, I have a file with below contents. "en2"/10.185.81.0:cluster_interconnect,"en5"/10.185.81.0:cluster_interconnect,"en6"/169.181.146.0:public I want to take the interface name from the file and convert it as ipaddress using ifconfig command get the output like below en6 ->... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk three conditions

I'm having a problem pulling UID's from data. The data outputs a user's UID in one of three ways: 1. Error User user_name already assigned with <UID> 2. Success <UID> reserved for user_name 3. <a load of crap because there was a db failure yet somehow the UID is still in there> I typically... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If conditions in awk

Hello Friends, I need to find some CDRs in production servers whose 1st field value and 2nd field value = 1 and 11th looks like 45.123... where there are more than 3 digits after comma.so i wrote a one liner, something like below but does not work, however when i used first and second conditions... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problems - awk ignores conditions

awk 'BEGIN{ if('"$CATE"'<'"${WARN}"') printf ("%s", "'"`Kfunc "" ; break`"'") else if (('"${CATE}"'>='"${WARN}"') && ('"${CATE}"'<'"${CRIT}"')) printf ("%s", "'"`Wfunc ""; break`"'") else if ('"${CATE}"'>='"${CRIT}"') printf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)