Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Apache - redirecting authenticated users to other sites Post 302503135 by antiw2k3 on Wednesday 9th of March 2011 05:56:28 PM
Old 03-09-2011
Yes, that is basically what i would like to do if possible.
Not necessarily redirected straight away, maybe trough a link on the external web site.

"Tunnelling via the external facing web server or what?"
That thought never even occurred to me tbh, ill start searching for that, thnx.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Some Sites Recommended by Our Users

Our users often recommend useful sites in response to a question. But the recommendations seem to get lost among our threads only to get re-recommended later. I will try to collect these here. I won't duplicate sites mentioned in Unix Tutorials/Programming Tutorials/Shell Scripting Tutorials,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

2. Linux

Enable sudo for Win AD users authenticated with Linux samba winbind service

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone ever came across the idea of unifying AD and Linux user accounts We have a Linux machine with 'samba' 'winbind' service configured to let Windows AD users to logon locally using their AD accounts and passwords. I can use 'su' to get to the local user privilege... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: will_mike
0 Replies

3. Web Development

Apache redirecting

Dear All I need to redirect requests coming in on a second domain, to a page within an existing web site. So basicly http:\\webtest should be redirected to http:\\ustnd5\ukt\newsroom\newsroom.jsp I have the line ProxyPassReverse /ukt/newsroom/newsroom.jsp http://webtest:10080/ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wjones
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting a url on apache conf file

i need help on redirecting apache conf file i want redirect everything to www.example.com/home example if i type a url www.example.com/home/text1 i need that redirected to www.example.com/home (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shehzad_m
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting Users to New Server

I am new to shell scripting. I urgently need a script on a backup server that will ping the main server to check if the server is up. If the main server is down- the script should transfer the IP of the main server to the backup server. Once the main server is up again the backup server will... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanmiogun
7 Replies

6. Web Development

Apache users from MySQL database

Hi team, How can I implement a users in MySQL database for Apache users, assuming that I'm using RHEL6. That is to say, how can I design this database and how let's Apache server know those user in this database. Thanks in advance.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve the username which got authenticated by the apache

I have an apache 2.2 setup with LDAP auth enabled. The html form in the front end takes some values and processes them using perl script in the background. Is there a way I can get the username which is submitting the values in that perl script. I am planning to track who is doing what(with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
1 Replies

8. Web Development

CentOS 7 redirecting me to old disabled dev site when removed from sites-enabled

I am having problems accessing a new site I am trying to setup on my CentOS 7 VM. I have added a vhosts file for it, but when I access easydev.com in the browser it continues to redirect me to the old (now disabled) dev site of crmpicco.dev. Is there something wrong with my config? # apachectl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmpicco
3 Replies

9. Web Development

Need help on Apache configuration for redirecting URLS

I am extremely new to Apache httpd configuration. Can you please help here below is my requirement. If the URL match existing resource - return resource. If the URL doesn't match existing resource it should return index.html from the app root directory. Apps root directories are: 1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar_333
0 Replies
jfs_mkfs(8)						     JFS file system creation						       jfs_mkfs(8)

NAME
jfs_mkfs - create a JFS formatted partition SYNOPSIS
jfs_mkfs [options] device [ blocks ] DESCRIPTION
jfs_mkfs is used to create (format) a JFS partition. jfs_mkfs must be run as root. device is the special file name corresponding to the actual device (e.g. /dev/hdb1) on which a JFS file system and/or JFS journal will be created. blocks is the number of blocks to be used for the file system. If omitted, jfs_mkfs automatically figures the file system size. The default block size is 4096. WARNING
jfs_mkfs will destroy all data on the specified device! OPTIONS
-c Check the device for bad blocks before building the file system. -j journal_device Create the external JFS journal on journal_device , create the JFS file system on device , and attach the external journal to the file system. -J journal-options Create the JFS journal on its own device or attach an external JFS journal to the JFS file system using options specified on the command-line. The following journal options are supported: journal_dev Create an external JFS journal on the given device. device=external-journal Attach an existing external JFS journal located on external-journal to the JFS file system that will be created on device. The external journal must already have been created using the command jfs_mkfs -J journal_dev external-journal Attach the external journal to the file system being created by using the command jfs_mkfs -J device=external-journal device Instead of specifying a device name directly, external-journal can also be specified by either LABEL=label or UUID=UUID to locate the external journal by either the volume label or UUID stored in the JFS external log superblock at the start of the journal. Use jfs_tune(8) to display a journal device's volume label and UUID. (See the -l, -L, and -U options of jfs_tune(8).) Only one of the journal_dev or device= options can be given per jfs_mkfs issuance. -L volume_label Set the volume label for the newly formatted device. If -L volume_label is used along with -J journal_device, the volume label of the specified external journal device will be set to volume_label. Otherwise, the volume label of the JFS file system will be set to volume_label. -O Provide case-insensitive support for compatibility with OS/2. -q Quiet execution - do not ask for confirmation before creating the file system. -s log_size Set the log size (in megabytes) of the inline log. If the -s option is not used, the default log size is 0.4% of the aggregate size. -V Print version information and exit (regardless of any other chosen options). EXAMPLES
Format 3rd partition on 2nd hard disk with the volume label "JFS_hdb3": jfs_mkfs -L JFS_hdb3 /dev/hdb3 Format 5th partition on 1st hard disk, verifying each block created: jfs_mkfs -c /dev/hda5 Format 3rd partition on 2nd hard disk as external journal, format 4th partition on 1st hard disk as JFS file system, and attach the exter- nal journal to the file system: jfs_mkfs -j /dev/hdb3 /dev/hda4 REPORTING BUGS
If you find a bug in JFS or jfs_mkfs, please report it via the bug tracking system ("Report Bugs" section) of the JFS project web site: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ Please send as much pertinent information as possible including any error messages resulting from running jfs_mkfs. SEE ALSO
mkfs(8), jfs_fsck(8), jfs_fscklog(8), jfs_tune(8), jfs_logdump(8), jfs_debugfs(8) AUTHORS
Barry Arndt (barndt@us.ibm.com) William Braswell, Jr. jfs_mkfs is maintained by IBM. See the JFS project web site for more details: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ March 9, 2005 jfs_mkfs(8)