Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Severe performance issue while 'grep'ing on large volume of data Post 302502286 by Souvik on Monday 7th of March 2011 01:07:22 PM
Old 03-07-2011
Dear friend Corona688,

I just checked your reply. I am at home and would give a try on your suggestion tomorrow only. I will post feedback immediately after I test the results.

Anyways, many thanks to you for such a detailed advice.

You seem to be solid enough in shell scripting.

Best Regards,
Souvik.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep'ing and sed'ing chunks in bash... need help on speeding up a log parser.

I have a file that is 20 - 80+ MB in size that is a certain type of log file. It logs one of our processes and this process is multi-threaded. Therefore the log file is kind of a mess. Here's an example: The logfile looks like: "DATE TIME - THREAD ID - Details", and a new file is created... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elinenbe
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue in UNIX while generating .dat file from large text file

Hello Gurus, We are facing some performance issue in UNIX. If someone had faced such kind of issue in past please provide your suggestions on this . Problem Definition: /Few of load processes of our Finance Application are facing issue in UNIX when they uses a shell script having below... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: KRAMA
19 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Large volume file formatting

Hi, I have a file which is around 193 gb in size. This file has tonnes of spaces and I need to sanitize it. I tried to use awk script to split this file but it gave me an error like line to long... As of now I am using a sed command to search replace the spaces; however its too slow for such a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshanw
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gurus needed to diagnose severe performance degradation

Hi everyone, newbie forum poster here. I'm an Oracle DBA and I require some guidance from the Unix gurus here about how to pinpoint where a problem is within a Solaris 9 system running on an 8 CPU Fujitsu server that acts as our Oracle database server. Our sysadmins are trying their best to... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBA_guy
13 Replies

5. HP-UX

Performance issue with 'grep' command for huge file size

I have 2 files; one file (say, details.txt) contains the details of employees and another file (say, emp.txt) has some selected employee names. I am extracting employee details from details.txt by using emp.txt and the corresponding code is: while read line do emp_name=`echo $line` grep -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arb_1984
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

virtual memory and diff'ing very large files

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
0 Replies

7. Programming

Issue when fork()ing processes

Hi guys! I'll simplify my problem. I have the following code: #include <fcntl.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <signal.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/wait.h> #define max 25 #define buffdim 50 void p1(); void p2();... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pfpietro
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Large file data handling issue

I have a single record large file, semicolon ';' and pipe '|' separated. I am doing a vi on the file. It is throwing an error "File to long" I need to actually remove the last | symbol from this file. sed -e 's/\|*$//' filename is working fine for small files. But not working on this big... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurkamal83
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue in Grepping large files

I have around 300 files(*.rdf,*.fmb,*.pll,*.ctl,*.sh,*.sql,*.prog) which are of large size. Around 8000 keywords(which will be in the file $keywordfile) needed to be searched inside those files. If a keyword is found in a file..I have to insert the filename,extension,catagoery,keyword,occurrence... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output large volume of data to CSV file

I have a program that output the ownership and permission on each directory and file on the server to a csv file. I am getting error message when I run the program. The program is not outputting to the csv file. Error: the file access permissions do not allow the specified action cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
2 Replies
gst-feedback-0.8(1)						   User Commands					       gst-feedback-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-feedback-0.8, gst-feedback - generate debug information for GStreamer bug reports SYNOPSIS
gst-feedback-0.8 gst-feedback [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print] DESCRIPTION
gst-feedback-0.8 scans the system for various types of information that is useful to GStreamer developers to help diagnose user problems. Depending on the type of bug report, it might be useful to attach gst-feedback output when you contact the developers. Note: The current version of this script scans many directories: /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib, /home, /usr/include, /usr/local/include, and /home (again) for various GStreamer installations. Depending on your system, you might not want to do this. Note: gst-feedback-0.8 dumps a lot of information about a system. Some of this information might be considered sensitive. If this is a concern, review the information before posting to a public forum such as the GStreamer bug tracking system. gst-feedback is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-feedback-X.X. For example, if both gst-feedback-0.7 and gst- feedback-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-feedback runs gst-feedback-0.8. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-feedback only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating Feedback Information example% gst-feedback-0.8 Example 2: Generating Feedback Information and Redirecting Output and Errors to a File example% gst-feedback-0.8 &> myfeedback Example 3: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name example% gst-feedback --print /usr/bin/gst-feedback-0.8 FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-feedback-0.Executable to generate debug info for GStreamer bug reports /usr/bin/gst-feedback Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-feedback-X.X ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-complete(1), gst-compprep(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-feedback-0.8(1)