Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find the position of a pattern on a line from a csv file Post 302501775 by papis on Friday 4th of March 2011 05:21:12 PM
Old 03-04-2011
thank u very much. it's work. you save my life Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove/Find files based on position pattern

Hi All, Please help me to find or remove files based on position based search pattern. file1.txt: aaabbbccc dddeeefff iiijjjkkk file2.txt: lllmmmnnn ooopppqqq rrrsssttt file3.txt: uuuvvvwww xxxeeeyyy zzzcccooo From the above files, I like to delete the files that have "eee"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find pattern delete line with pattern and line above and line below

I have a file that will sometimes contain a pattern. The pattern is this: W/D FRM CHK 00 I want to find any lines with this pattern, delete those lines, and also delete the line above and the line below. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nickg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find pattern, delete line with pattern and line above and line below

I have a file that will sometimes contain a pattern. The pattern is this: FRM CHK 0000 I want to find any lines with this pattern, delete those lines, and also delete the line above and the line below. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickg
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find the file names having specified pattern at specified position in the current directory

I would need a command for finding first 15000 of the file names whose 25th postion is 5 in the current directory alone. I do have this painful command find . -name '5*' | head -15000 | cut -c3- please refine this. Of course the above command also searches in the sub directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vk39221
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate a csv files by separating the values from the input file based on position?

Hi All, I need help for doing the following. I have a input file like: aaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb cccbbbbbaaaaaadddddaaaabbbbbbb now I am trying to generate a output csv file where i will have for e.g. 0-3 chars of each line as the first column in the csv, 4-10 chars of the line as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babom
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find next line based on pattern, if it is similar pattern skip it

Hi, I am able to get next line if it is matching a particular pattern. But i need a way to skip if next line also matches same pattern.. For example: No Records No Records Records found got it Records found Now i want to find 'Records found' after 'No Records' pattern matches.. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagpa531
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on find and replacement on specific line and position

I have a file with 100 lines. On 50 th line , from position 5 to rest of the data , I need to change the occurrence of A to B and Occurrence of M to N. Input file : Line1 Line2 Line3 -- -- 12345ABCDEFM --- -- Line 100 Output Line1 Line2 (40 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_us
40 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all the multi line pattern and redirecting it to a file?

I've a file like this {multi line ....... ....... pattern} { some other stuff ......... } {multi line ....... ....... pattern} { some other stuff ......... } and so on (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aamir_raihan
2 Replies
XFIXES(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 XFIXES(3)

NAME
XFixes - Augmented versions of core protocol requests SYNTAX
#include <X11/extensions/Xfixes.h> Bool XFixesQueryExtension (Display *dpy, int *event_basep, int *error_basep); Status XFixesQueryVersion (Display *dpy, int *major_versionp, int *minor_versionp); void XFixesChangeSaveSet (Display *dpy, Window window, int mode, int target, int map); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. window Specifies which window. mode Specifies the save set operation (SetModeInsert/SetModeDelete). target Specifies the target when executing the save set (SaveSetNearest/SaveSetRoot). In SaveSetNearest mode, the save set member win- dow will be reparented to the nearest window not owned by the save set client. In SaveSetRoot mode, the save set member window will be reparented to the root window. map Specifies the map mode (SaveSetMap/SaveSetUnmap) which selects whether the save setmember window will be mapped or unmapped dur- ing save set processing. DESCRIPTION
Xfixes is a simple library designed to interface the X Fixes Extension. This extension provides application with work arounds for various limitations in the core protocol. RESTRICTIONS
Xfixes will remain upward compatible after the current 1.0 release. AUTHORS
Keith Packard, member of the XFree86 Project, Inc. and HP, Owen Taylor, member of the Gnome Foundation and Redhat, Inc. XFree86 Version 1.0 XFIXES(3)