Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find the position of a pattern on a line from a csv file Post 302501765 by papis on Friday 4th of March 2011 04:59:28 PM
Old 03-04-2011
uname ---> Linux
uname -

---------- Post updated at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:57 PM ----------

uname -a Linux papis-laptop 2.6.32-24-generic #39-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jul 28 06:07:29 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
echo $SHELL --->/bin/bash

Thank u

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove/Find files based on position pattern

Hi All, Please help me to find or remove files based on position based search pattern. file1.txt: aaabbbccc dddeeefff iiijjjkkk file2.txt: lllmmmnnn ooopppqqq rrrsssttt file3.txt: uuuvvvwww xxxeeeyyy zzzcccooo From the above files, I like to delete the files that have "eee"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumarn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find pattern delete line with pattern and line above and line below

I have a file that will sometimes contain a pattern. The pattern is this: W/D FRM CHK 00 I want to find any lines with this pattern, delete those lines, and also delete the line above and the line below. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nickg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find pattern, delete line with pattern and line above and line below

I have a file that will sometimes contain a pattern. The pattern is this: FRM CHK 0000 I want to find any lines with this pattern, delete those lines, and also delete the line above and the line below. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickg
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find the file names having specified pattern at specified position in the current directory

I would need a command for finding first 15000 of the file names whose 25th postion is 5 in the current directory alone. I do have this painful command find . -name '5*' | head -15000 | cut -c3- please refine this. Of course the above command also searches in the sub directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vk39221
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to generate a csv files by separating the values from the input file based on position?

Hi All, I need help for doing the following. I have a input file like: aaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb cccbbbbbaaaaaadddddaaaabbbbbbb now I am trying to generate a output csv file where i will have for e.g. 0-3 chars of each line as the first column in the csv, 4-10 chars of the line as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babom
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find next line based on pattern, if it is similar pattern skip it

Hi, I am able to get next line if it is matching a particular pattern. But i need a way to skip if next line also matches same pattern.. For example: No Records No Records Records found got it Records found Now i want to find 'Records found' after 'No Records' pattern matches.. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagpa531
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on find and replacement on specific line and position

I have a file with 100 lines. On 50 th line , from position 5 to rest of the data , I need to change the occurrence of A to B and Occurrence of M to N. Input file : Line1 Line2 Line3 -- -- 12345ABCDEFM --- -- Line 100 Output Line1 Line2 (40 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_us
40 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all the multi line pattern and redirecting it to a file?

I've a file like this {multi line ....... ....... pattern} { some other stuff ......... } {multi line ....... ....... pattern} { some other stuff ......... } and so on (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aamir_raihan
2 Replies
optisa(1)							   User Commands							 optisa(1)

NAME
optisa - determine which variant instruction set is optimal to use SYNOPSIS
optisa instruction_set... DESCRIPTION
optisa prints which instruction_set out of the ones specified in the command will perform best on this machine. In this case, ``best'' is defined by the order in which instruction set names are returned by isalist(1). Possible values for instruction_set are given in isalist(5). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 One of the instruction_set values you specified is printed by this command. 1 There is no output; that is, this machine cannot use any instruction_set that you specified with the optisa command. SEE ALSO
isalist(1), uname(1), attributes(5), isalist(5) NOTES
optisa is preferable to uname -p or uname -m (see uname(1)) in determining which of several binary versions of a given program should be used on the given machine. SunOS 5.10 25 Jul 1997 optisa(1)