Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk Script Counting of Correct vs. Error Responses Post 302500408 by yinyuemi on Monday 28th of February 2011 01:17:28 PM
Old 02-28-2011
How about this?
Code:
awk '{gsub("--\>","right");gsub("\<--","left");$0=$0}/Arrow/{x=$2}/Choice/{y=$2;{if(x==y){correct++} else {error++;x=0;y=0}}}
END{print "correctChoices = " correct, "incorrectChoices = " error}' ErrorDiscrim_011011-201-1.txt
correctChoices = 22 incorrectChoices =

This User Gave Thanks to yinyuemi For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk error -- awk: 0602-562 Field $() is not correct.

typeset -i i=1 while read -r filename; do Splitfile=`$Targetfile_$i.txt` awk 'substr($0,1,5) == substr($filename,1,5) && substr($0,526,2) == substr($filename,6,2) && substr($0,750,12) == substr($filename,8,12)' $SourceFilename >> $Splitfile i=i+1 done < /tmp/list.out I am using this logic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pukars4u
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to Calculate Correct Responses

Hello, I am trying to count how many times a subject makes a correct switch or a correct stay response in a simple task. I have data on which condition they were in (here, labeled "IMAGINE" and "RECALL"), as well as whether they made a left or right button response, and whether the outcome was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jahn
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting using awk

Hi, I want to perform a task using shell script. I am new to awk programming and any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the following 3 files (for example) file1: Name count Symbol chr1_1_50 10 XXXX chr3_101_150 30 YYYY File2: Name ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please correct the error in the following script

#!/bin/ksh db_user=$DB_USER_NAME db_pwd=$DB_PASSWORD db_sid=$TWO_TASK if ; then echo "\tUsage: MoveUsageProcessing <BC Log file Name>" exit 1 else BCLogFileName=$1 fi grep -i 'MoveUsage daemon needs to run on this account before it can be billed' $1 |awk -F\| '{for(i=0;++i<=NF;) if($i ~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Putnala
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anyone correct the error in this script

ret=`sqlplus -s /nolog << EOF connect $db_user/$db_pwd@$db_sid; SPOOL ./$DirectoryName/TableData.txt; set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off linesize 150 while read var_ack_party_name do select * from bus_event where ack_party_name like... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk array syntax & counting script

..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbee11
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[AWK script]Counting the character in record and print them in condition

.......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Antonlee
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to get correct data using awk

I have this input.|user1 |10.10.10.10 |23|046|1726 (212) |0 |user2 |10.10.10.11 |23|046|43 (17) |0 |test |10.10.10.12 |23|046|45 (10) |0 |test1 |10.10.10.13 |23|046|89 (32) |0 I need to get the data for a user like thisuser1 1726 user2 43 test 45 test1 89... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script with awk command for counting in a file

Hi, I hope you can help me with the awk command in shell scripting. I want to do the following, but it doesn't work. for i in $REF1 $REF2 $REF3; do awk '{if($n>=0 && $n<=50000){count+=1}} END{print count}' ${DIR}${i} >${DIR}${i}_count.txt done REF1 to REF3 are only variables for .txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: y.g.
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Error in script while counting processes

Hi all, Below is a script I'm writing and giving me error: #!/usr/bin/sh if ; then echo "Success!" else echo "Failure!" fi Normally if I do ps -ef|grep dw.sap|wc -l it gives me output of 18. So my script checks if it's greater than 17 it echoes success else failure ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frum
5 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)