Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting make file (include files path) Post 302500389 by Corona688 on Monday 28th of February 2011 11:38:27 AM
Old 02-28-2011
Variables in a makefile look like $(VARIABLE), not ${VARIABLE}. Please copy/paste what your existing makefile actually looks like -- all of it -- in code tags. That's [ code ] stuff [ /code ] without the extra spaces in the tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Path /usr/include/iso not found

Hello, I got a make compilation error saying make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/include/iso/stdio_iso.h', needed by `.test.d'. Stop. The mentioned folder `/usr/include/iso/' doesnt exist in solaris5.7 sparc that i am using. I need to know which package will actually install the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nads
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How would I make a find command NOT show the path of a file?

When I do find . -name "*.txt" -size +0 -exec ls {} \; I get something like ./lpi_stdout.txt ./lpi_stderr.txt What would I need to do or pipe it into to strip off those first two characters so I just get lpi_stdout.txt lpi_stderr.txt ? Thanks for the help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

3. Linux

libtool compile mode,how to set include path?

Hi all I want to compile a source gt_util.c into a lo file, I use libtool gcc -g -O -c gt_util.c -I./include but it prompts me : cannot determin name of library object from 'include' how should I use the tool to compile a source to .lo file? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: steven_TTG
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

profile PATH include subdirectories

I would like to modify my .profile PATH to include all subdirectories of the directory I specify. For example, right now I have PATH=$HOME/tier1 Tier1 has a tier2 directory in it. Right now I can execute files from tier1, but not tier2. I know I can add another path with $HOME/tier1/tier2,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Smed
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

include file name to extracted files

I've written the script below to merge only .txt files that exist in one directory into one huge .txt file and ignore other files with other extensions. now the result is one huge .txt file with all the contents of other .txt files how can i add a File Name as a comment before each file? ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: miss_dodi
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK "make a new column that include increasing numbers"

please help!!!!!! I have a file .txt that has only one column like that: 34.1 35.5 35.6 45.6 ... Now, i want to add a column in the left in which the values of this column increase by 0.4 , for example: 0.0 34.1 0.4 35.5 0.8 35.6 1.2 45.6 How can i do with awk instructions??? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tienete
2 Replies

7. Programming

[Solved] Cannot execute file that include files

Iam trying to execute a file that include many files but it seems my main copy.c can't read anyone of them ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Copy.c #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include "tlpi_hdr.h" #ifndef BUF_SIZE /*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy down remote files and rename them to include the server name with full path

I need to pull down a good bit of files for another support team for an upgrade project. I have a server.list with all of the server names. I need to do two parts: FIRST: I have this example, but it does not list the server name in front of each line. #! /bin/bash for server in $(<... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnatlas
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Make OS to look for sudoers to different path

This is for Solaris-11. We have our customize sudoers to fulfill requirements and that is placed in /usr/local/etc/. Already removed /etc/sudoers, which comes with OS default. But OS it still looking for /etc/sudoers when I give sudo command. How to make him look into /usr/local/etc ?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

10. Programming

Makefile missing include path Although the path exists and defined

i have make file which i try to make them generic but it keeps to compline it missing include directory this is the makefile : CXX=g++ CPPFAGS= -Wall -O0 -g -std=c++14 INCLUDES = -I/home/vagrant/libuv/include -Isrc LIBS_DIRS = -L/home/vagrant/libuv/build LDFLAGS=... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
LWP-DOWNLOAD(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  LWP-DOWNLOAD(1p)

NAME
lwp-download - Fetch large files from the web SYNOPSIS
lwp-download [-a] [-s] <url> [<local path>] DESCRIPTION
The lwp-download program will save the file at url to a local file. If local path is not specified, then the current directory is assumed. If local path is a directory, then the last segment of the path of the url is appended to form a local filename. If the url path ends with slash the name "index" is used. With the -s option pick up the last segment of the filename from server provided sources like the Content- Disposition header or any redirect URLs. A file extension to match the server reported Content-Type might also be appended. If a file with the produced filename already exists, then lwp-download will prompt before it overwrites and will fail if its standard input is not a terminal. This form of invocation will also fail is no acceptable filename can be derived from the sources mentioned above. If local path is not a directory, then it is simply used as the path to save into. If the file already exists it's overwritten. The lwp-download program is implemented using the libwww-perl library. It is better suited to down load big files than the lwp-request program because it does not store the file in memory. Another benefit is that it will keep you updated about its progress and that you don't have much options to worry about. Use the "-a" option to save the file in text (ascii) mode. Might make a difference on dosish systems. EXAMPLE
Fetch the newest and greatest perl version: $ lwp-download http://www.perl.com/CPAN/src/latest.tar.gz Saving to 'latest.tar.gz'... 11.4 MB received in 8 seconds (1.43 MB/sec) AUTHOR
Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no> perl v5.14.2 2012-01-14 LWP-DOWNLOAD(1p)