Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to adjust system time
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to adjust system time Post 302500072 by ctsgnb on Saturday 26th of February 2011 06:18:23 PM
Old 02-26-2011
The right way to ajust the system time is to configure NTP
also see pool.ntp.org
This User Gave Thanks to ctsgnb For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adjust the db script

Enclosing a script that is used everyday for database shutdown. In here you will find some code that checks oracle version. That part is very unnecessary since we use only 8.1.7 and will never go back.. Can anyone help me by modifying the code, to never use that part and readjust so script does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ST2000
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to adjust spacing

Is there a way to adjust spacing of a line using k shell? e.g I have a file below $ cat file1 AAA BBB CCC A B C AAAA BB CC I want each word to be adjusted with spaces to have 10 character length like below: AAA BBB CCC A B C AAAA BB CC Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

System time comparison to fixed defined time

I have a requirement of checking the current system time and performing certain actions in a shell script. example: if the current system time is greater than 1400 hrs, then perform step 1,2,3 if the current system time is greater than 1000 hrs, then perform step 1,2 if the current system time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainravi
2 Replies

4. Solaris

getting time independent of system time in solaries

i am using function gethrtime() in sun solaries to get the time independent of the system time.Problem with this function is if we restart the system time will change to '0'.is there any other way to resolve this problem. thanks & regards suresh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_rtp
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to adjust network settings

Hello, Newbie question on scripting - I'm looking to create a simple script that will work on RHEL5 that will adjust the network settings: ip address, default gateway, and subnet mask. If anything else needs to be done (service network stop / start) or should be done to make settings active - I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rojizo
4 Replies

6. Solaris

can't adjust time : not owner

Hi experts, I m new to solaris. I am getting following errror in /var/adm/messages file on one of the solaris 10 zones - xntpd: Can't set time of day: Not owner xntpd daemon is online. Any help on this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunadmin
3 Replies

7. Solaris

System time and Cron time stamp not matching

On Solaris 10 server the system date won't match with the timestamp on files created by a cron jobs, Please help here is what i get when i check for system date infodba-ie10ux014:/tcpdv1_ie10/tcadmin/bin\n\r-> date Tue Apr 24 15:27:43 GMT 2012at same time i executed a cron job, and checked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Additional time to system time

Hi All, Is there any command to add additional time to date command. I need to add 5 hours to the present system time. I am getting the time by using date command. WORKFLOW_START_TIME=`date +%m/%d/%Y\ %H:%M:%S` Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
8 Replies

10. Linux

Time: Hwclock and System Time

Hey everyone. Upon studying linux trying to learn it inside and out, I'm reading about the issue of time. Hardware clock time vs the more commonly referenced System Time. What causes the two to grow apart, and what causes the time itself to stray away from UTC? at present my clock is a second and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies
ntp-wait(1)							   User Commands						       ntp-wait(1)

NAME
ntp-wait - Wait for ntpd to stabilize the system clock SYNOPSIS
ntp-wait [-flags] [-flag [value]] [--option-name[[=| ]value]] All arguments must be options. DESCRIPTION
ntp-wait will send at most num-tries queries to ntpd(8), sleeping for secs-between-tries after each status return that says ntpd(8) has not yet produced a synchronized and stable system clock. ntp-wait will do this quietly, unless the -v flag is provided. This can be useful at boot time, to delay the boot sequence until after ntpd -g has set the time. OPTIONS
-n number, --tries=number Number of times to check ntpd. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The default number for this option is: 100 The maximum number of times we will check ntpd to see if it has been able to synchronize and stabilize the system clock. -s secs-between-tries, --sleep=secs-between-tries How long to sleep between tries. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The default secs-between-tries for this option is: 6 We will sleep for secs-between-tries after each query of ntpd that returns "the time is not yet stable". -v, --verbose Be verbose. By default, ntp-wait is silent. With this option, ntp-wait will provide status information. -?, --help Display usage information and exit. -!, --more-help Pass the extended usage information through a pager. -v [{v|c|n --version [{v|c|n}]}] Output version of program and exit. The default mode is `v', a simple version. The `c' mode will print copyright information and `n' will print the full copyright notice. EXIT STATUS
One of the following exit values will be returned: 0 (EXIT_SUCCESS) Successful program execution. 1 (EXIT_FAILURE) The operation failed or the command syntax was not valid. 70 (EX_SOFTWARE) libopts had an internal operational error. Please report it to autogen-users@lists.sourceforge.net. Thank you. AUTHORS
Harlan Stenn NOTES
This document corresponds to version 4.2.8p13 of NTP. This manual page was AutoGen-erated from the ntp-wait option definitions. ntp (4.2.8p13) 20 Feb 2019 ntp-wait(1)