Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script template for inputting filenames and print results Post 302499571 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 24th of February 2011 05:43:55 PM
Old 02-24-2011
Some of the double quotes might need escaping in the ssh command above.

Here is a version with a simple menu which you might find usefull examples of:
  • Select statement with validation and additional quit option
  • $(( )) calculations
  • Fetch number of elements in an array using ${#array[@]}
  • If then else clause

Code:
#!/bin/bash
(( $# < 1 )) && {
    printf "usage: %s <file_name>\n" "${0##*/}"
    exit 1
}

_server_list=( server1 server2 )

_fn=$1
_cmd=/usr/bin/md5sum

select s in "${_server_list[@]}" "quit"; do
    if [[ -z "$s" ]]
    then
        echo "Option $REPLY is invalid - Please select a number from 1 to $(( ${#_server_list[@]} + 1))"
    else
        [[ "$s" = "quit" ]] && break
        ssh "$s" "
            [ -f \"$_fn\" ] && 
                $_cmd $_fn ||
                printf \"error executing %s %s on %s\n\" \\
\"$_cmd\" \"$_fn\" \"$s\""
    fi
done

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 02-24-2011 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: Cleanup formatting

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search file and print results with shell script

input file 1.<CRMSUB:MSIN=0100004735,BSNBC=TELEPHON-9814060328-TS11&TS21&TS22,NDC=9814,MSCAT=ORDINSUB,SUBRES=ALLPLMN-SPICE,BAOC=OIC,BAPRC=INFO,ACCSUB=BSS,NUMTYP=MULTI;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print filenames with spaces using awk

Hello all, I want to list the file contents of the directory and number them. I am using la and awk to do it now, #ls |awk '{print NR "." $1}' 1. alpha 2. beta 3. gamma The problem I have is that some files might also have some spaces in the filenames. #ls alpha beta gamma ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print just 1 results from the whole line

Hi All, need some help with writing a shell script. I tried to search this forum but couldn't find exactly what i want. If you all know any reference link i can read and refer to solve my issue, let me know. I got 1 file i.e: example.txt. It is content list of data, as below example. What... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anakiar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the last column of the list contain filenames with spaces.

Hi experts, I have the following data: I want the last filed in the output. How to print the last field , It contains the file names and few filenames with white spaces . -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 2010-04-26 16:57 file1 2space_File.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 2010-04-26... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results.

abc.dat tty cpu tin tout us sy wt id 0 0 7 3 19 71 extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 133.2 0.0 682.9 0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 0 79 c1t0d0 0.2 180.4 0.1 5471.2 3.0 2.8 16.4 15.6 15 52 aaaaaa1-xx I want to skip first 5 line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print some results in a text file using script in linux

hello everyone, i really need your help to write a script which would just print following kind of result into a text file (result.txt) XYZ test Results ID: <unique-id> Date: <date> ------------------------------------------------- | Task | Result | Time |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: viriimind
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] print all filenames in directory

Hello, I was given a (I suppose) a simple task which I don't know how to do. Before coming here I have read a dozen of awk tutorials (full read, not just line-skipping) but I still don't know how to do this. Task: Write an script file 'check.awk' with a parameter current directory that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0dehunter
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print and Append the matching filenames

Hi, I want to check all files in a folder for some specific start string and append all matching filenames with _1, _2 .... for each file found in the directory. But, $file below gives me all details of the files like access permissions, owner and filename etc. I just want all the filenames... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to print off results

print from an ip_list file containing 300 ip's the directory of the results is /var/tmp/1.1.1.1 the 1.1.1.1 will change according to the /tmp/ip_list file i.e 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 3.3.3.3 I need the results from /var/tmp/1.1.1.1 once done the script goes to the next ip address in... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

print all filenames in directory with path to another file

hi, i have a directory at /path/unix with the following files 1.txt 2.txt 3.txt 4.txt I want to make another file called filenames.txt at a different location called /path/home. So, my output file would be /path/home/filenames.txt with contents /path/unix/1.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies
Locale::Script(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Locale::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Script(3)