Visit The New, Modern Unix Linux Community

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script template for inputting filenames and print results Post 302499425 by loky27 on Thursday 24th of February 2011 11:05:40 AM
Script template for inputting filenames and print results

Hi,

Hope you are all well. New to scripting, and all those characters are all a new language for me. Though hoping to get my little head round it all sooner or later.

I was wondering whether anyone could help with a script template example.

What I would like to happen is to run the script and for it to respond with whatever file I would like the script to check and then perform an md5sum check on it and then print out the results.

The thing is, that all hosts are on the same LAN but requires ssh into it.

Would appreciate any help given so I can start to get my head round this scripting marlakey.

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post updated at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:03 AM ----------

Oh and it's Linux RH5 if that helps :-)

Test Your Knowledge in Computers #852
Difficulty: Medium
AngularJS is a JavaScript-based open-source front-end web framework mainly maintained by Facebook.
True or False?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search file and print results with shell script

input file 1.<CRMSUB:MSIN=0100004735,BSNBC=TELEPHON-9814060328-TS11&TS21&TS22,NDC=9814,MSCAT=ORDINSUB,SUBRES=ALLPLMN-SPICE,BAOC=OIC,BAPRC=INFO,ACCSUB=BSS,NUMTYP=MULTI;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print filenames with spaces using awk

Hello all, I want to list the file contents of the directory and number them. I am using la and awk to do it now, #ls |awk '{print NR "." $1}' 1. alpha 2. beta 3. gamma The problem I have is that some files might also have some spaces in the filenames. #ls alpha beta gamma ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print just 1 results from the whole line

Hi All, need some help with writing a shell script. I tried to search this forum but couldn't find exactly what i want. If you all know any reference link i can read and refer to solve my issue, let me know. I got 1 file i.e: example.txt. It is content list of data, as below example. What... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anakiar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the last column of the list contain filenames with spaces.

Hi experts, I have the following data: I want the last filed in the output. How to print the last field , It contains the file names and few filenames with white spaces . -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 2010-04-26 16:57 file1 2space_File.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 2010-04-26... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results.

abc.dat tty cpu tin tout us sy wt id 0 0 7 3 19 71 extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 133.2 0.0 682.9 0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 0 79 c1t0d0 0.2 180.4 0.1 5471.2 3.0 2.8 16.4 15.6 15 52 aaaaaa1-xx I want to skip first 5 line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print some results in a text file using script in linux

hello everyone, i really need your help to write a script which would just print following kind of result into a text file (result.txt) XYZ test Results ID: <unique-id> Date: <date> ------------------------------------------------- | Task | Result | Time |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: viriimind
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] print all filenames in directory

Hello, I was given a (I suppose) a simple task which I don't know how to do. Before coming here I have read a dozen of awk tutorials (full read, not just line-skipping) but I still don't know how to do this. Task: Write an script file 'check.awk' with a parameter current directory that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0dehunter
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print and Append the matching filenames

Hi, I want to check all files in a folder for some specific start string and append all matching filenames with _1, _2 .... for each file found in the directory. But, $file below gives me all details of the files like access permissions, owner and filename etc. I just want all the filenames... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to print off results

print from an ip_list file containing 300 ip's the directory of the results is /var/tmp/1.1.1.1 the 1.1.1.1 will change according to the /tmp/ip_list file i.e 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 3.3.3.3 I need the results from /var/tmp/1.1.1.1 once done the script goes to the next ip address in... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

print all filenames in directory with path to another file

hi, i have a directory at /path/unix with the following files 1.txt 2.txt 3.txt 4.txt I want to make another file called filenames.txt at a different location called /path/home. So, my output file would be /path/home/filenames.txt with contents /path/unix/1.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies
Jifty::Script::Po(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Jifty::Script::Po(3pm)

options
       Returns a hash of all the options this script takes. (See the usage message for details)

run
       Runs the "update_catalogs" method.

_check_mime_type FILENAME
       This routine returns a mimetype for the file "FILENAME".

update_catalogs
       Extracts localizable messages from all files in your application, finds all your message catalogs and updates them with new and changed
       messages.

update_catalog FILENAME
       Reads "FILENAME", a message catalog and integrates new or changed translations.

extract_messages
       Find all translatable messages in your application, using Locale::Maketext::Extract.

print_help
       Prints out help for the package using pod2usage.

If the user specified --help, prints a brief usage message

If the user specified --man, prints out a manpage

pot_name
       Returns the name of the po template.

NAME
Jifty::Script::Po - Extract translatable strings from your application SYNOPSIS
jifty po --language <lang> Creates a <lang>.po file for translation jifty po Updates all existing po files Options: --language Language to deal with --dir Additional directories to extract from --js Generate json files from the current po files --help brief help message --man full documentation OPTIONS
--language This script an option, "--language", which is optional; it is the name of a message catalog to create. --dir Specify explicit directories to extract from. Can be used multiple times. The default directories will not be extracted if you use this option. --template_name Specify the name of the po template. Default to the lower-cased application name. --podir Specify the directory of the po templates. --js If "--js" is given, other options are ignored and the script will generate json files for each language under share/web/static/js/dict from the current po files. Before doing so, you might want to run "jifty po" with "--dir share/web/static/js" to include messages from javascript in your po files. --help Print a brief help message and exits. --man Prints the manual page and exits. DESCRIPTION
Extracts message catalogs for your Jifty app. When run, Jifty will update all existing message catalogs, as well as create a new one if you specify a --language option. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-08 Jifty::Script::Po(3pm)

Featured Tech Videos