Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris solaris 10 login. I can not input any character Post 302498953 by unhuman on Wednesday 23rd of February 2011 12:53:21 AM
Old 02-23-2011
solaris 10 login. I can not input any character

well I am using vmware to install solaris 10. everything went smooth( I installed it like 1000 times already and i get the same problem with login.) I can type my username without any problem but when i go to type my password. it does not take any character. i cant see anything. It is very frustrating because I have been doing it for 2 days already. my keyboard is fine. I can not even copy paste on password. Is there a solution for it? I even clean installed it on my laptop. I can not type anything on password field.
thanks if anyone can help me

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get rid of the ` character from input file?

A sed command works most of the time however it fails sometimes. I put each line (record) I read of a file through the following command data=$(cat file | sed 's///g' | sed 's|.*ex:Msg\(.*\)ex:Msg.*|\1|' ) When I run the script I get a message that states that there is an invalid format... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gugs
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 login problem

Hi I have a ULTRA ENTERPRISE 2 machine. The system won't allow me to log in. When I use the root /root-password to login at CDE graphics screen , it says invalid user shell. I have not set up any other account here so I don't know whether this problem is only for root user.Whats the next step ??/ (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: enke1234
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

validating a input file for numeric and character

i have a input file like this 001|rahim|bajaj|20090102 while reading the file i need to check whether the first column is a number second column is a name is there any methodology to check for the same thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login to solaris zones

Guys We are on solaris sparc v10 OS. I would like to know how do I login to the zones? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vandi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unwanted control character in the input

Hi Shell Scripting Experts, I have a shell script running daily on a remote machine through ssh. To avoid the trouble of restarting the script when ssh disconnects, I use screen (a unix tool) and run the script within a screen session. What this script does is to ask the user to input y or n... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeff_cen
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris superuser login

Hi! Can someone please tell me how to log-in to Solaris as a superuser or as a root? I have tried using "root" as a username, and my superuser password i had set in the terminal for the log-in password but it says "Roles can only be assumed by authorized users". "Permission denied." I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CarlosP
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Login Screen in Solaris 11

I have a requirement to add a warning banner to the Solaris 11 login screen. Adding the banner was pretty easy in Solaris 10 by changing *Dtlogin. Does anyone know how to make the change in Solaris !!? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT!!!move character x of input string to some position

i have this prob I have some records in a file1 like this 1001 sajal singh tampa 1002 .... so on i have a pattern file which is like this 1,4 4,13 14,15 i have to read the first pair 1,4 and extract that from the first record so the pattern is 1001 now i have to scramble 1001... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spankincubus
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why menu won't allow 2 character input?

I’m trying to write a script for users to easily check folder size. The idea is to have a menu that starts at the top directory and then drills down to lower directories. Selections 1-9 work fine. The issue I’m having is any 2 digit menu selections (10+) doesn’t work and it returns the error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkCyc
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)