Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading from one file and updating other file with constant entries Post 302498867 by bartus11 on Tuesday 22nd of February 2011 05:28:13 PM
Old 02-22-2011
Newline is fine. It is even required. What I meant, was that there should not be a single space character. Let me color it up for you:
Bad:
Code:
A:
uid: 1111
C:
D:
E:
_
A:
uid: 2222
C:
D:
E:

Good:
Code:
A:
uid: 1111
C:
D:
E:

A:
uid: 2222
C:
D:
E:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

File descriptor constant

I have a requirement to close all the file descriptors from 3 to 1024 for a particular application. Right now, this is how I do it .. for ( int i = 3 ; i <= 1024; ++i ) close(i); The change I am looking at is, I want to do away with the number 1024 and replace it with a constant which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk updating one file with another, comparing, updating

Hello, I read and search through this wonderful forum and tried different approaches but it seems I lack some knowledge and neurones ^^ Here is what I'm trying to achieve : file1: test filea 3495; test fileb 4578; test filec 7689; test filey 9978; test filez 12300; file2: test filea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecano
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating a field in a File without creating temp file's

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to update the below items in file, 1. END TIME 2. PREV_STATUS For the first time the PREV_status and end time of all job the job will be sysdate & NULL reply as below, Session_name,Load Type,Frequency,Seesion End time,Prev_Status... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhutkl
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how I can add a constant to a field without changing the file format

Hi, I need to edit a file Protein Data Bank (pdb) and then open that file with the program VMD but when I edit the file with awk, it changes pdb format and the VMD program can not read it. I need to subtract 34 to field 6 ($ 6). this is a pdb file : ATOM 918 N GLY B 103 -11.855 8.675... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bio_
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reading file with values and updating another file

Hi I need some help with a task, i am an absolute newbie to any form of shell scripting and request guidance. Task: 1. Read a config file in form of name value pair ex host=www.test.com port=8080 binding="dynamic" or "other" or "something else" key1=value1 key2=value2 key3=value4... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk7074
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading and updating property file

I have to do a read operation for a field in property file, which looks like follows: 123|xyz|datetime|count '|' is delimiter. Finally I managed to read the contents of property file using statement like cut -d"|" -f1 $PROPERTIES_FILE | tr '\n' ' ' <-- Reading first column But now I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshranjanscs
2 Replies

7. Programming

[Makefile]File + constant problem

Hi guys, I am writing a Makefile with some strange features. What I have is: list of files *.efi list of guids (guid is just a number) one *.efi file is supposed to be used with one guid, so efi file and guid is a pair. What I need is: list of files *.fv How to make *.fv file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk for splitting file in constant chunks

Hi gurus, I wanted to split main file in 20 files with 2500 lines in each file. My main file conatins total 2500*20 lines. Following awk I made, but it is breaking with error. awk '{ for (i = 1; i <= 20; i++) { starts=2500*$i-1; ends=2500*$i; NR>=starts && NR<=ends {f=My$i".txt"; print >> f;... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukesh.lalwani
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to insert text(constant) at the beginning of file

I am very new to scripting and I know this request is simple but I am having no luck with it. I have a file a.dat with the following data in it. aa bb cc dd I need to run a script that will take each line of a.dat and put dsjc/ubin/ in front of each record, so the output looks like ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto add a constant column to the text file

Hi, I am converting a .DBF file to pipe delimited file my requirement is like lets say my .DBF is residing in path /a/b/c/d/f/abc.DBF I need my .txt file as having a column with source _cd =f sample data in .DBF in folder "f" c1 c2 c3 1 2 3 in txt file it should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)