Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to run User-mode Linux installed with synaptic package manager in Ubuntu 10.10 Post 302498496 by rohitadeshmukh1 on Monday 21st of February 2011 01:48:31 PM
Old 02-21-2011
How to run User-mode Linux installed with synaptic package manager in Ubuntu 10.10

I have installed user-mode linux kernel in Ubuntu 10.10 with the help of Synaptic package manager.
But I'm not getting how to run it.
If we install it manually, we've to run it using the executable binary file.
But here, I'm unable to locate any such file.

Please help....
Thanking You....

-Rohit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to install User mode linux

hi everybody, i am trying install user mode linux in Linux kernel 2.6.11(Fedora core) I have open suse file system image for user mode linux n UML binary uml-release-2.6.13.4-bs5.tar. I am doing following steps to install it. in root #mkdir uml in uml directory(empty now) i pasted my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.ec
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User Mode Linux

Hi guys, I am working with User Mode Linux (UML) because I have one equipment only and I would like to use it with several servers (web,Mysql,etc) on a virtual system (virtual localhost) using the equipment for personal works at the same time. My system is: Sofware: Debian Sarge 3.1 installed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiemars
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

upgrading from ubuntu 710 gusty to the new release from synaptic ?

i notice when i was in the synaptic manage the other day that the new release KDE 4 was there can i upgrade from synaptic or do i need to download the files from a different source? currently running kubuntu 7.10 gusty and haven't seened any kind of updates come through that gave me the option to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksnovice
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

User Mode Linux sandbox?

Hi all, Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubberjones
0 Replies

5. Programming

execve notification in user mode under Linux

Hi, I'm writing a monitor program that can be notified once a process makes an execve system call and then stop that process for examining before it starts to run the new code. I know I can ptrace a process to achieve this, but I do not want to ptrace every process in the system. Is it possible?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaron.lwe
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting alias for a user - Linux ubuntu

Hi i have a user "SYSTEM" i want to set the below command in his .profile for an alias: who | awk '{print $1}'| sed '/SYSTEM/d' | sed '/root/d' |xargs -i pkill -u {} i tried as below: alias stop = " who | awk '{print $1}'| sed '/SYSTEM/d' | sed '/root/d' |xargs -i pkill -u {}" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joycesolomon
3 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to install from synaptic package manager

i am not able to install anything from package manager . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

9. Linux

Not able to run perf on Linux 4.4 kernel (Ubuntu 15.10)

I'm not able to run perf on linux 4.4. I'm using ubuntu 15.10. The error I'm getting is: WARNING: perf not found for kernel 4.4.0 You may need to install the following packages for this specific kernel: linux-tools-4.4.0-4.4.0 linux-cloud-tools-4.4.0-4.4.0 You may also want to install... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHASKAR JUPUDI
4 Replies

10. Programming

How to make use others' C library installed not for the system-wide (Ubuntu/Linux)?

I have downloaded and installed a library called htslib for specific bioinformatic use but not for the system (I'm using Ubuntu 18.04). Only parts of the library is needed for my exercise to parse data in a type called VCF format (basically tab-delimited file but contains many information in... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
14 Replies
DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)						     Debhelper							DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)

NAME
dh_auto_install - automatically runs make install or similar SYNOPSIS
dh_auto_install [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_auto_install is a debhelper program that tries to automatically install built files. It does so by running the appropriate command for the build system it detects the package uses. For example, if there's a Makefile and it contains a install target, then this is done by running make (or MAKE, if the environment variable is set). If there is a setup.py or Build.PL, it is used. Note that the Ant build system does not support installation, so dh_auto_install will not install files built using Ant. Unless --destdir option is specified, the files are installed into debian/package/ if there is only one binary package. In the multiple binary package case, the files are instead installed into debian/tmp/, and should be moved from there to the appropriate package build directory using dh_install(1). DESTDIR is used to tell make where to install the files. If the Makefile was generated by MakeMaker from a Makefile.PL, it will automatically set PREFIX=/usr too, since such Makefiles need that. This is intended to work for about 90% of packages. If it doesn't work, or tries to use the wrong install target, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_install at all, and just run make install manually. OPTIONS
See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options. --destdir=directory Install files into the specified directory. If this option is not specified, destination directory is determined automatically as described in the "DESCRIPTION" section. -- params Pass params to the program that is run, after the parameters that dh_auto_install usually passes. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2011-10-19 DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)