Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers PS1 issue between Solaris and Ubuntu Post 302497229 by bobwilson on Wednesday 16th of February 2011 03:29:32 PM
Old 02-16-2011
I see. I was assuming by not using my .kshrc my .profile could house all my environment tweaks. This gives me a new direction to look in. Thanks pludi.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

This an Ubuntu or Dell issue?

I have a dell poweredge sc430 (what ever that is). Came cheap with an 80 gig sata hard drive. So maybe a year later I bought a 250 gig sata drive for backup (with rsynch from cron). Rsynch works fine. But now the machine won't reboot without me manually pressing the F1 key. I see a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salmobytes
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Issue with /etc/hosts file under ubuntu

I think terminal outpu is better than long words so: I rebooted my laptop but no success... It's the same for all entry i added... Any ideas ? PS: I'm under ubuntu 9.0.4 edit: hostnames can't start with a number, using c4507 for example works. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nekkro-kvlt
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Graphic Quality Issue?

Okay I have my computer dual booted with Ubuntu 9.04 and Windows Vista, when I play a game on Vista such as Soldier Front or Quake its smooth and very enjoyable, but when I try to get a simple game such as Scorched 3D, its glitchy, choppy, and the background seeps through to the game (I get a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoxly
9 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu OS 9.04 issue ..

i have been tyring to install the Ubuntu OS 9.04 ,some how i failed to install it. i actually downloaded the OS from Download Ubuntu | Ubuntu i got the image file i tried to burn it by using nero, it susscessfully burned the image but when i insert the cd into drive and restart my system its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrUser
1 Replies

5. Programming

Ubuntu 9.04 issue

i have been tyring to install the Ubuntu OS 9.04 ,some how i failed to install it. i actually downloaded the OS from Download Ubuntu | Ubuntu i got the image file i tried to burn it by using nero, it susscessfully burned the image but when i insert the cd into drive and restart my system... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrUser
5 Replies

6. IP Networking

Ubuntu LAN connectivity issue

System: Dell Desktop w/ 2 SATA drives running Ubuntu 9.10 that uses 2 ethernet cards, 1 for internet connectivity and another to interface the machine with a high voltage power supply which supports ssh and EPICS controls. Second Ethernet card is connected to a NetGear WNR3500 router, the VME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: henslewm
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Installation issue while installing ubuntu

Hi All As i m trying to install ubuntu on my virtual PC where h/w confg is as 5GB didk n 512 mb RAm. after selecting mode option, and after pressing F6 after that screen shows some msg. And not goes to next step. What is the problem n wht i shall do?? Please provide me solution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

ubuntu 9.10 virtual console issue

i'm having a frustrating issue with virtual consoles on my ubuntu 9.10 setup i was having trouble accessing the virtual consoles at all (no visible display) so i installed XDM and set it as the default X login manager) now when i hit ctl-alt F1-F6 instead of the usual getty (login prompt) i get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hopper195
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Single Quotes and Double Quotes for prompt PS1

Hi, Trying to change the prompt. I have the following code. export PS1=' <${USER}@`hostname -s`>$ ' The hostname is not displayed <abc@`hostname -s`>$ uname -a AIX xyz 1 6 00F736154C00 <adcwl4h@`hostname -s`>$ If I use double quotes, then the hostname is printed properly but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Help changing the PS1 prompt in Solaris

Hi, I need help changing PS1 in Solaris. I tried this: MYPROMPT="> " PS1=$LOGNAME@$HOSTNAME:${PWD}$MYPROMPT (NOT SURE WHY IT'S HIGHLIGHTED HERE) export PS1 My problem is that $PWD is not working, when I get the prompt and I change directories, the prompt is not displaying the current... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: curiousmal
17 Replies
play_midi(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						play_midi(3alleg4)

NAME
play_midi - Starts playing the specified MIDI file. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int play_midi(MIDI *midi, int loop); DESCRIPTION
Starts playing the specified MIDI file, first stopping whatever music was previously playing. If the loop flag is set to non-zero, the data will be repeated until replaced with something else, otherwise it will stop at the end of the file. Passing a NULL pointer will stop what- ever music is currently playing. RETURN VALUE
Returns non-zero if an error occurs (this may happen if a patch-caching wavetable driver is unable to load the required samples, or at least it might in the future when somebody writes some patch-caching wavetable drivers :-) SEE ALSO
install_sound(3alleg4), load_midi(3alleg4), play_looped_midi(3alleg4), stop_midi(3alleg4), midi_pause(3alleg4), midi_seek(3alleg4), midi_pos(3alleg4), midi_time(3alleg4), midi_msg_callback(3alleg4), exmidi(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 play_midi(3alleg4)