Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Color Underline and Bold letter in shell script Post 302496675 by cfajohnson on Monday 14th of February 2011 11:56:32 PM
Old 02-15-2011
Code:
printf "\e[1;4m%s\e[0m\n" "All DB bkp Completed Successfully" >> rman_bkp_st.lst

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to underline/bold and how to align output

Hi, I work with AIX 5 and have two basic questions: 1) How do I underline/bold a word in a text output? Any way to do it with echo command? basic example: echo "FOLDER " >> folder.txt ( I wish the word FOLDER to be underlined and bold). 2) Suppose I have the following pipe delimited... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clara
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying font type and color in a shell script

Hi, I am new to shell script. Can you please tell me, whether can we specify font type and color in a shell script? If so, how to do this? Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vani_Govind
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - how to echo something in color and bold

Hi all, I was to echo Hi in Red and Bold ; and echo There is in Green and bold I got bold to working using tput bold but i am having hard time getting the color. Any help is appreciated, jak (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

color,bold

hi friend , I am generating a csv file i,e output file E104|0|06/04/1994|The values E005 and E001 are not equal. E106|0|01/09/1993|The values E001 and E002 are not equal. E106|0|01/09/1993|The values E003 and E002 are not equal. E108|0|02/30/1995|The values R001 and E001 are not equal.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charandevu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold characters in a file using Shell script

Hi, When I am running below mentioned script then the characters become bold but after opening the same file in Windows, Instead of getting bold characters i am getting some garbage value for \033Kunal Dixit Output in Windows (after ftp the file): but in windows , i am getting My name is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunal_dixit
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold and Underline - not displyed in more/less/vi

I have a script main.shl which has few lines like this #bold tput smso echo "\t\tsome statement\t\t" tput rmso I am executing the main.shl from the shell and redirected its output to a separate file like this $main.shl >main.log 2>&1 & once after running this script, if I "cat" the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email message in colour and bold letter

The code echo -e "\033[34m Test \033[0m Mail" when i execute this command line i get proper output but when i mail the output of this command through sendmail it doesn't appear. Basically I want to send email message in diffrent colours, bold letter using shell script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baps
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold 1 word in a shell script

I want to bold one word in shell script. I want the value for num bold when it is inputted. My code does not bold the value. It's like its not even there. echo -n "Please read a number" read num ; echo "${bold} $num ${offbold}" Thank you, Ccccc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bold letter in email body

Hi All, The below is the email text and i want few words in BOLD. I am writing the below message in to a .txt file and calling it in a function which generated email. when i run at cmd prompt it is working fine , but wehn i run a script .sh it is not working. Below is the text printing in to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
2 Replies
MESSAGES(3)						  libbash messages Library Manual					       MESSAGES(3)

NAME
messages -- libbash library that implements a set of functions to print standard status messages SYNOPSIS
printOK [indent] printFAIL [indent] printNA [indent] printATTN [indent] printWAIT [indent] DESCRIPTION
General messages is a collection of functions to print standard status messages - those [ OK ] and [FAIL] messages you see during Linux boot process. The function list: printOK Prints a standard [ OK ] message (green) printFAIL Prints a standard [FAIL] message (red) printNA Prints a standard [ N/A] message (yellow) printATTN Prints a standard [ATTN] message (yellow) printWAIT Prints a standard [WAIT] message (yellow) Detailed interface description follows. indent Column to move to before printing. Default indent is calculated as TTY_WIDTH-10. If current tty width can not be determined (for example, in case of serial console), it defaults to 80, so default indent is 80-10=10 FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
printOK [indent] Prints a standard [ OK ] message (green) printFAIL [indent] Prints a standard [FAIL] message (red) printNA [indent] Prints a standard [ N/A] message (yellow) printATTN [indent] Prints a standard [ATTN] message (yellow) printWAIT [indent] Prints a standard [WAIT] message (yellow) EXAMPLES
Run a program named MyProg, and report it's success or failure: echo -n 'Running MyProg...' printWAIT if MyProg ; then printOK else printFAIL fi AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux