Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Logic to send email alerts only 5 times a day Post 302496617 by joeyg on Monday 14th of February 2011 03:45:24 PM
Old 02-14-2011
If alertlist has many names, then follow same idea, just break the line into individual names. Write each entry to the log file.
You will also need to break you email into individual emails in order to check for existence of five prior messages for the same day.

hard for me to say how to break apart your alertlist, since I do not see where you build that variable inside your script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Email Alerts

Dear Network Masters, I want to know who brought up the concept of Email Alerts Feature. are their any RFC's on Email Alerts???? Please let me know. Thanks in Adv, meti (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokmeti
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email Alerts

hi I am running so scripts that clean up empty folders on our servers once a week. I run from a cron. But what i would like to do is add a email notfication so i can be notified that it completed. The script is #Clean Empty Folders on Studio Share perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: treds
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script that reads a value and send an email on 89th day

hi all, Currently in my system a user's password expires after 90 days and the last passsword change time is stored in an attribute pwdchange date. i need a linux script that read this attribute and add 89 days and send an email that the user password is expiring the next day. i can store... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manankapoor
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email once a day at certain time in unix shell script

hi, i have to send an email once a day at ceratin time say 22. i have tried with date commad, but not working.:( HOUROFTHEDAY=`date +'%H'` if ; then mailx -s "Info" emailid@org.com < $ProcessStatisticsFile fi Please help me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreelu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

6. Solaris

ALOM Email Alerts

Hi I'm new to this forum and I was hoping you can help me with this strange activity. I have a Sol10 sun4u sparc SunFireV250 machine. Currently running ALOM 1.6.8 firmware. The following error was experienced on this machine: "Input power unavailable for PSU @ PS0" Reading the documention... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: La-Paloma78
0 Replies

7. AIX

How to write a script to send these alerts?

Hello AIXians :) I want to complete this task using a script. The task is: We have a file called (alerts.log), this file is receiving all new alerts from ORACLE application all the day, I want to send email to a specific mail address when this file receives all alerts that starts with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send alerts to the sysmon facility?

We are moving from using the syslog facility to sysmon. My question is what API's are used to write alerts to sysmon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenrett
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email attachment using Operating System Script(UNIX) in Oracle Alerts

Good Day Kindly assist: I am creating an Alert that will notify supervisors of staff members who are due for probation report. I am using Operating System Script(Unix) as source.I have already developed the script. Now the challenge is if there are 3 employee records then the alert... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nosi27
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop to execute 2 times and send an email alert

After the successful start of server, it should check the status again, if it is not running ,it should go through the loop for 2 times. Even after two times of execution if still the server is not running it should send an alert email. Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thomas9192
1 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)