Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating a daemon to run in background Post 302496267 by pravin27 on Sunday 13th of February 2011 06:59:56 AM
Old 02-13-2011
Could this help you ?
Put space after [ and before ] in while ,
Code:
while [ $i -le 12 ]

and change i++ to
Code:
i=`expr $i + 1`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

applicatoin cannot started, becos daemon did not run

hi, i had an applicatoin which is not running cos one of its daemon is not running.. i get the applicatoin to run by running the daemon first... its manual job... so quite cumbersome.. i have backups in the night, with the crontab -l entry with logs written. the logs indicated successful... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a Daemon??

How in the world do you create a daemon and get it to start with a startup script? could someone tell me in detail im going nuts...thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmajin
1 Replies

3. Programming

Creating a Daemon

how to convert a c program into a Daemon. thanks in advance svh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I would like to know Would you run the ‘identd’ daemon on UNIX servers?

Would you run the ‘identd' daemon on UNIX servers? can you please Explain. thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xoxouu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run shell script as a daemon

I have simple shell script that I run as cron job every hour of the day. I would like to make it a daemon that runs far more frequently like every 30 seconds or so, but I have never made daemon before. How can I do this? -Sam (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sammy_T
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

créating a daemon under unix

hi i want to create a daemon under unix or linux but i don't really know how so i will be grateful if you provide me links with examples or /andx how to do it thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: student00
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating background process for my shell

I actually posted this problem on a different forum, but figured this would be a more appropriate place to post it. OK so I've created my own shell, but I can't get the background process function to run properly! What I want to do is to run a process in the background, and also print when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansel13
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

background scripts run-help

Looking for a logic where say i have a script called parent_script which is used to call other 4 to 5 child scripts in background as.. cat parent_script # containing 65 lines 1 2 .. 35 while read child_script 36 do 37 ./child_script_name& 38 done< ${SCRIPT_LISTS} 39 40 # Need to have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

run this script as a daemon process

Hi, HI , I have a simple script that moves files from one folder to another folder, I have already done the open-ssh server settings and the script is working fine and is able to transfer the files from one folder to another but right now I myself execute this script by using my creditianls to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nks342
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to run as a daemon

Hi, I have one query that is suppose if I have a script that pick up some files from source folder and put it into destination folder , and I want this script to run after every 1 hour, to make it configurable as per that I have options like crontab and nohup but when I test this script I have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nks342
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)