Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Selecting array values
Top Forums Programming Selecting array values Post 302495498 by shamrock on Thursday 10th of February 2011 12:06:02 PM
Old 02-10-2011
I do get that and it should be a fairly simple program unless you are trying to find a highly optimized solution.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selecting Unique Values from many List

I have a question I have like 19 different list which contains the name of the server but what I need is just unique ones. First thing I need to do is just make a unique list within the list itself i.e. delete anything that is repeated inside the list like for example in list1 i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: Search Multi-Dimensional(nested) array and export values of currenly worked on array.

Hi All, I'm writing a nagios check that will see if our ldap servers are in sync... I got the status data into a nested array, I would like to search key of each array and if "OK" is NOT present, echo other key=>values in the current array to a variable so...eg...let take the single array... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - Selecting specific files based on 'date stamp' values

Hi, I've list of files in a directory, which have date stamp value in their names. ex: abc_data_20071102.csv, abc_data_20091221.csv, abc_data_20100110.csv, abc_data_20100222.csv, abc_data_20080620.csv,... etc., I need to select and process only files, within the given date... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting rows based on values in columns

Hi My pipe delimited .txt file contains rows with 10 columns. Can anyone advise how I output to file only those rows with the letters ‘ci' as the first 2 characters in the 3rd column ? Many thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malts18
4 Replies

5. Programming

selecting values of date

In a table, date is stored in a column as "2011-01-4". If I write query to get the dates > "2011-01-06" , then the date "2011-01-4" is also listed. The date stored in the column is a varchar datatype. So how can I make a query to not display the date "2011-01-4" ? Is there any solution ? Thank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in selecting line numbers between two values

Hi! I've a file as shown below 1 hello 2 how 5 are 3 you 4 hello 5 world Every statement consists of line numbers at the beginning which are not in sequence. Now I want to select all the line numbers which are present between the line numbers specified by the user.. For example... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abk07
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

selecting record by matching in two columns values

Hi Guys ! i want to search a record in file by matching two values in a record in two different columns suppose i have 3 columns and i want to select all those values from col1 for which in col3 has a specific value e.g select all "john" from column1 where column 3 has a value of "20" ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ourned
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting lowest and highest values in columns 1 and 2, based on subsets in column 3

Hi, I have a file with the following columns: 361459 447394 CHL1 290282 290282 CHL1 361459 447394 CHL1 361459 447394 CHL1 178352861 178363529 AGA 178352861 178363529 AGA 178363657 178363657 AGA Essentially, using CHL1 as an example. For any line that has CHL1 in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubleo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting lines having same values for first two columns

Hello to all. This is first post. Kindly excuse me if I do not adhere to any rules and regulations of this forum. I have a file containing some rows with three columns each per row(separeted by a space). There are certain rows for which first two columns have same value but the value in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojmalhotra13
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script: selecting rows that have the same values in two columns

Hello, everyone I am beginner for shell programming. I want to print all lines that have the same values in first two columns data: a b 1 2 a a 3 4 b b 5 6 a b 4 6 what I expected is : a a 3 4 b b 5 6 but I searched for one hour in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nengcheng
2 Replies
SGELS(l)								 )								  SGELS(l)

NAME
SGELS - solve overdetermined or underdetermined real linear systems involving an M-by-N matrix A, or its transpose, using a QR or LQ fac- torization of A SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE SGELS( TRANS, M, N, NRHS, A, LDA, B, LDB, WORK, LWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER TRANS INTEGER INFO, LDA, LDB, LWORK, M, N, NRHS REAL A( LDA, * ), B( LDB, * ), WORK( * ) PURPOSE
SGELS solves overdetermined or underdetermined real linear systems involving an M-by-N matrix A, or its transpose, using a QR or LQ factor- ization of A. It is assumed that A has full rank. The following options are provided: 1. If TRANS = 'N' and m >= n: find the least squares solution of an overdetermined system, i.e., solve the least squares problem minimize || B - A*X ||. 2. If TRANS = 'N' and m < n: find the minimum norm solution of an underdetermined system A * X = B. 3. If TRANS = 'T' and m >= n: find the minimum norm solution of an undetermined system A**T * X = B. 4. If TRANS = 'T' and m < n: find the least squares solution of an overdetermined system, i.e., solve the least squares problem minimize || B - A**T * X ||. Several right hand side vectors b and solution vectors x can be handled in a single call; they are stored as the columns of the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B and the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. ARGUMENTS
TRANS (input) CHARACTER = 'N': the linear system involves A; = 'T': the linear system involves A**T. M (input) INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. N (input) INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >=0. A (input/output) REAL array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. On exit, if M >= N, A is overwritten by details of its QR factorization as returned by SGEQRF; if M < N, A is overwritten by details of its LQ factorization as returned by SGELQF. LDA (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). B (input/output) REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On entry, the matrix B of right hand side vectors, stored columnwise; B is M-by-NRHS if TRANS = 'N', or N-by-NRHS if TRANS = 'T'. On exit, B is overwritten by the solution vectors, stored columnwise: if TRANS = 'N' and m >= n, rows 1 to n of B contain the least squares solution vectors; the residual sum of squares for the solution in each column is given by the sum of squares of elements N+1 to M in that column; if TRANS = 'N' and m < n, rows 1 to N of B contain the minimum norm solution vectors; if TRANS = 'T' and m >= n, rows 1 to M of B contain the minimum norm solution vectors; if TRANS = 'T' and m < n, rows 1 to M of B contain the least squares solution vectors; the residual sum of squares for the solution in each column is given by the sum of squares of elements M+1 to N in that column. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= MAX(1,M,N). WORK (workspace/output) REAL array, dimension (LWORK) On exit, if INFO = 0, WORK(1) returns the optimal LWORK. LWORK (input) INTEGER The dimension of the array WORK. LWORK >= max( 1, MN + max( MN, NRHS ) ). For optimal performance, LWORK >= max( 1, MN + max( MN, NRHS )*NB ). where MN = min(M,N) and NB is the optimum block size. If LWORK = -1, then a workspace query is assumed; the routine only calculates the optimal size of the WORK array, returns this value as the first entry of the WORK array, and no error message related to LWORK is issued by XERBLA. INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 SGELS(l)