Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Difference between OpenServer versions Post 302495049 by jgt on Wednesday 9th of February 2011 08:25:01 AM
Old 02-09-2011
Probably just a running change for the cd. If you take either and and install all the patches, you will end up at the same place.
If you have both cd's look at the date and part number. 506 was released during 1999 and the Y2K patches may be in the one version and not the other.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

different versions?

can someone tell me a shell-script to convert an older version of a file with the current one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deeptia
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

different versions of the same file.

How can I find out in UNIX the number of superusers logged in at a system at a given time??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deeptia
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Need to know all versions of Unix

:confused: What are some of the most popular versions of Unix and why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpawlicki2
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Software Versions

I need to collect the software versions for various pieces of software installed on my SunOS box. is there a software listing somewhere? Any help on how to do that would be very much appreciated. Thanks, GBWR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GBWR
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Is there any way to get old HP-UX versions?

I got my hands on a HP9000/380 and need a (really) old version of HP-UX, like 7 or 8. Is there any vendor who sells older versions? I did a quick search here and checked the FAQ and HPs HP-UX site but couldn't find anything. :confused: Any help is appreciated! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundh
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Versions of HP-UX or AIX

Can I install a HP-UX or IBM AIX in my home pc?. It is a Intel Pentium 4 of 64 bits. Is there any version for me?. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurt1978
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RCS - Find difference between 2 different versions of a file

Hi, I have a c file in my repository. We are using RCS(Revision Control System) to control and manage the versions. I need to find 1. Difference between the current version with a different version 2. Difference between any two different versions of a file. Ex Difference between 1.14 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kelangovan
1 Replies

8. Programming

what is the main difference between difference between using nonatomic lseek and O_APPEND

I think both write at the end of the file ...... but is there a sharp difference between those 2 instruction ..... thank you this is my 3rd question today forgive me :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Versions of HP-UX

Lo guys, I've just started a new department in work and I'm going to be using HP-UX with Vi. The problem is I'm completely new to UNIX, I'm currently learning at work but I only have limited amounts of time on our dev systems. Is it possible to get a free/educational version any where? I don't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: john2012
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate difference of split and sum the difference

In the awk I am trying to subtract the difference $3-$2 of each matching $4 before the first _ (underscore) and print that value in $13. I think the awk will do that, but added comments. What I am not sure off is how to add a line or lines that will add sum each matching $13 value and put it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
CONFIG.SUB(1)							   User Commands						     CONFIG.SUB(1)

NAME
config.sub - validate and canonicalize a configuration triplet SYNOPSIS
config.sub [OPTION] CPU-MFR-OPSYS config.sub [OPTION] ALIAS DESCRIPTION
Canonicalize a configuration name. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). config.sub (2002-11-30) December 2002 CONFIG.SUB(1)