Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HOW to run a bash-code in a c-shell script ?? Post 302494499 by Perderabo on Monday 7th of February 2011 12:36:02 PM
Old 02-07-2011
I fiddled with it until it worked for me. Quoting the marker in ksh/bash says to not process the included data. I just hoped that csh might get that right too. I don't use csh and I don't know of any great docs for it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run perl code within a shell script...?

Hi, I have a sheel script that invokes a perl script...Now, instead havin the perl script as a separate file I'd like put the contents in the sheel script itself...But I am not sure how ro run that perl script contents.please help me Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make your bash script run on a machine with csh and bash

hi, i have a script that runs on bash and would like to run it on a machine that has csh and bash. the default setting on that machine is csh. i dont want to change my code to run it with a csh shell. is there any way i can run the script (written in bash) on this machine? in other words is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

General Q: how to run/schedule a php script from cron jobs maybe via bash from shell?

Status quo is, within a web application, which is coded completely in php (not by me, I dont know php), I have to fill out several fields, and execute it manually by clicking the "go" button in my browser, several times a day. Thats because: The script itself pulls data (textfiles) from a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tcl script wont run in bash shell

Hello I'm having a problem running a TCL script in my new OpenSolaris OS. When I go to the directory containing my script called 'Install' (using the gnome terminal), it doesn't seem to be able to find it even though it lists it i.e. if I type "Inst" and hit tab to complete the word, it... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbsbg
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a bash script in csh shell?

Hi how to execute a bash script in csh shell? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubinovito
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a bash or shell script run as daemon?

Say i have a simple example: root@server # cat /root/scripts/test.sh while sleep 5 do echo "how are u mate" >> /root/scripts/test.log done root@server # Instead of using rc.local to start or another script to check status, I would like make it as daemon, where i can do the following: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run ksh script in bash shell?

Hi All, I have few bash shell scripts which depends on one Ksh shell script. When i run bash shell scripts, it shows error as bad interpretor : ksh no such bad file or directory. When i tried to install ksh shell, it is not downloading too. If I remove !/bin/ksh command in starting line of the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karthik03
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash code will not run

Why doesn't the code below run? Am I missing something? Thank you :). syntax() { printf "\n\n" printf "Enter HGVS description of variant(s): "; IFS="," read -a hgvs && printf "\n Nothijng entered. Leaving match function." && sleep 2 && return for ((i=0;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Comment code blocks in a bash source file

Just began to learn on Shell Script. I got an exercise from my friend. I know how to make this happen in C, but I'm not familiar with Shell Script. Hope I can get some help from all of you. I want to write a bash script to comment code blocks in a bash source file. What I mean comment is '#', I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HiFuture0801
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)