Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX topas - computational memory 95% : Any Impact? Post 302492598 by panchpan on Tuesday 1st of February 2011 01:05:46 AM
Old 02-01-2011
topas - computational memory 95% : Any Impact?

Hello Gurus,
I am using AIX 5 and on running topas command. I can see the computational memory is 93.3% with Swap Paging memory at 2.2%. Could you please advise if there is any impact by the growth of computational memory?

Below is the stat:
Code:
MEMORY
Real,MB   22528
% Comp     93.3
% Noncomp   6.6
% Client    6.6

PAGING SPACE
Size,MB   17376
% Used      2.2
% Free     98.8

Thank you

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 02-01-2011 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: added code tags

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Memory usage statistic? (topas, nmon)

hi, how can i diplay: - the ammount RAM used /free - ammount of ram used from a pid or prozess we have the problem, that malloc is returing a NULL pointer errno = 12 ( not enough space). but i think there is still ram free. nmon : shows all memory used ? Memory Use Physical Virtual... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need Help installing a Computational Tool Kit

Hi ! I have been trying to install IMSL Computational Tool Kit on a server. It is a Lunix Redhat V.4 with Intel pentium d processor and Intel fortran compiler 8.1 and the type of command shell we run is bash. I dont know if the problem is with the Installation or the Lunix system. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsmv
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Computational complexity

This is a general question about the practical use of computational complexity in security. Wikipedia has a good article about the theoretical background of computational complexity. In the course of conversation with colleagues, a topic that is brought up occassionally is the security of any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gratuitous_arp
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Appending the contents of two files in computational manner

Hi, I have two files say file 1 file 2 File1 1 2 4 5 File 2 asdf adf How to get the ouput something like asdf1 adf1 asdf2 adf2 asdf4 adf4 asdf5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ecearund
5 Replies

5. AIX

How to use topas to display its Memory section alone

Hi, I'm planning to write a script to monitor the memory utilization and so decided to use topas. i'm not familiar with this command Could anyone help me with an idea on how to display the Memory section alone in the topas... :) It will be very helpful if you could specify the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik_87
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing computational/non computational memory from topas

Hi Friends, How to capture the value of %Comp and %Noncomp values from AIX using topas command. I tried lot, but i cannot capture the value. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nowshath
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for %computational memory & % non computational memory

Dear, How to calculate %computational memory and %non computational memory from AIX server. What command used to find out %computational memory and % non computational memory except topas. Regards Nowshath (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nowshath
1 Replies
MEMORY(3TIFF)															     MEMORY(3TIFF)

NAME
_TIFFmalloc, _TIFFrealloc, _TIFFfree, _TIFFmemset, _TIFFmemcpy, _TIFFmemcmp, - memory management-related functions for use with TIFF files SYNOPSIS
#include <tiffio.h> tdata_t _TIFFmalloc(tsize_t size); tdata_t _TIFFrealloc(tdata_t buffer, tsize_t size); void _TIFFfree(tdata_t buffer); void _TIFFmemset(tdata_t s, int c, tsize_t n); void _TIFFmemcpy(tdata_t dest, const tdata_t src, tsize_t n); int _TIFFmemcmp(const tdata_t s1, const tdata_t s2, tsize_t n); DESCRIPTION
These routines are provided for writing portable software that uses libtiff; they hide any memory-management related issues, such as deal- ing with segmented architectures found on 16-bit machines. _TIFFmalloc and _TIFFrealloc are used to dynamically allocate and reallocate memory used by libtiff; such as memory passed into the I/O routines. Memory allocated through these interfaces is released back to the system using the _TIFFfree routine. Memory allocated through one of the above interfaces can be set to a known value using _TIFFmemset, copied to another memory location using _TIFFmemcpy, or compared for equality using _TIFFmemcmp. These routines conform to the equivalent ANSI C routines: memset, memcpy, and memcmp, repsectively. DIAGNOSTICS
None. SEE ALSO
malloc(3), memory(3), libtiff(3TIFF) Libtiff library home page: http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/ libtiff October 15, 1995 MEMORY(3TIFF)