Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Anyone Can Decrypt This Code? Post 302492436 by jim mcnamara on Monday 31st of January 2011 11:53:25 AM
Old 01-31-2011
The likelihood of anyone here being able to decrpyt this without serious work is very small.
I would suggest you find another way to attain your goal, for example work with the vendor.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

decrypt function in unix?

Hai Friends We have a function called char * crypt(const char *ps, const char* key) to encrypt the password in the unix environment.. Do we have any decrypt function to decrypt it? If not then how can we verify the password through program? Thanks in Advance Collins (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: collins
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

encrypt and decrypt password

how do i encrypt and decrypt a password (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanwish
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To decrypt encrypted password

Hi folks, What will be the easy way to decrypt encrypted passwords on MySQL table. Googling brought me many suggestions on crypt/decrypt running scripts. Please advise. TIA Remark: I think the encrypt function of MySQL uses the Unix crypt command to encrypt B.R. satimis (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satimis
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

decrypt the file

Hello all I am getting a encrypted file (.pgp) and a key which i have to use to decrypt that file. I couldn't understand where to put the key on my unix box so that decryption happens. Please reply. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and decrypt a string

Hi, I want to encrypt and decrypt a string(database password) which will be used in my scripts. encrypt the string while storing in a file and while using it in other scripts it should decrypt. i tried below method. As it can decrypt easily, it is not recommended. encrypt=`perl -e 'print unpack... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan10k
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Very slow decrypt

Hi Folks, Currently restoring some data that has been encrypted using the naitive Solaris encrypt/decrypt commands. Taking ages, anyone used these before and are they usually really slow? Thanks Rgrds Martin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and Decrypt

I have script for all oracle prod db. I have hard coded the username / password. I need a mechanism to encode and decode the username / password in a shell script. Another challenge is I use the username and password in a Select command for oracle DB. How can call the decrypted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to decrypt any file in UNIX?

How to decrypt a file in unix? I dont know the type of decryption nor the type of text data it contains. We extracted the file from sfdc & need to process it in unix. When extracted, we get encrypted data in the file. The file content is- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga20
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to decrypt a file in UNIX?

I have a file which contains encrypted data. Can anyone tell me how to decrypt the file? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga20
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need someone to decrypt an encoded text

Hello everybody, i have a big issue, i have to decode a big text in base64 a lot of times but there are 2 problems: i am a noob with unix system and shell, and i have problems with openssl and i can't decode anything. can anyone decode for me that base64? need a powerful computer, i can give some... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: supermarco2020
16 Replies
wstring(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       wstring(3C)

NAME
wstring, wscasecmp, wsncasecmp, wsdup, wscol - Process Code string operations SYNOPSIS
#include <widec.h> int wscasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2); int wsncasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2, int n); wchar_t *wsdup(const wchar_t *s); int wscol(const wchar_t *s); DESCRIPTION
These functions operate on Process Code strings terminated by wchar_t null characters. During appending or copying, these routines do not check for an overflow condition of the receiving string. In the following, s, s1, and s2 point to Process Code strings terminated by a wchar_t null. wscasecmp(), wsncasecmp() The wscasecmp() function compares its arguments, ignoring case, and returns an integer greater than, equal to, or less than 0, depending upon whether s1 is lexicographically greater than, equal to, or less than s2. It makes the same comparison but compares at most n Process Code characters. The four Extended Unix Code (EUC) codesets are ordered from lowest to highest as 0, 2, 3, 1 when characters from different codesets are compared. wsdup() The wsdup() function returns a pointer to a new Process Code string, which is a duplicate of the string pointed to by s. The space for the new string is obtained using malloc(3C). If the new string cannot be created, a null pointer is returned. wscol() The wscol() function returns the screen display width (in columns) of the Process Code string s. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT-Level MT-Safe | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
malloc(3C), string(3C), wcstring(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 29 Dec 1996 wstring(3C)