Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: make - foreach function
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers make - foreach function Post 302492218 by ybelenky on Sunday 30th of January 2011 01:07:23 PM
Old 01-30-2011
Thanks, agama!
Is this syntax:
Code:
files = ${dir:%=%:/*}

explained in the GNU make tutorial? (I could not find it there.) If not, where can I read about it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make variables in script function local?

Is it possible to make function variables local? I mean for example, I have a script variable 'name' and in function I have declared variable 'name' I need to have script's 'name' have the same value as it was before calling the function with the same declaration. The way to preserve a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
5 Replies

2. Programming

How to make a function friend to both base and derived class

Hi, I have a base class and derived a class from the base class, i want to print & read the data for the object created for the derived class,so i have overloaded both the << and >> operators and also have done the foward declaration. Below is the code snippet, #include <iostream> class... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ennstate
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Gani Network Driver Won't Install - make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make targ...

I attached a README file that I will refer to. I successfully completed everything in the README file until step 4. # pwd /gani/gani-2.4.4 # ls COPYING Makefile.macros gem.c Makefile Makefile.sparc_gcc gem.h Makefile.amd64_gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

I need to make a script that has 4 command line arguments to function properly.

I have no idea what the following means. The teacher is too advanced for me to understand fully. We literally went from running a few commands over the last few months to starting shell scripting. I am not a programmer, I am more hardware oriented. I wish I knew what this question was asking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wookard
3 Replies

5. Linux

foreach function in makefile

hi, I have 2 directories (../src/dir_a and ../src/dir_b) each with its own .cpp files. I have written the below foreach function, but the problem is that it is reading the .cpp files from both directories, dir_a and dir_b, to create libdir.a. Is there a way I can rewrite dirs (without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacpp
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible make the shell read functions 1 by 1 and calling an other function?

Greetings, I m wondering if it's possible do do the following : I have a simple function called "FindMoveDelete" which does the following : FindMoveDelete() { find . -iname "$FILENAME*.ext" -exec mv {} "$PATH/$VAR" \; && find . -maxdepth 1 -type d -iname "$FILENAME*" -exec rm -rf {}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekullos
6 Replies

7. Programming

Make sure strtok_r() function

Hello, I was trying to understand more on strtok_r() function with following code: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> /* *From http://www.gsp.com/cgi-bin/man.cgi?section=3&topic=strtok_r A FreeBSD man pages * */ int main() { char string1; char *sep =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make nested function local?

Hi, If I declare a function inside another function, it overwrites any previously declared function with the same name. This is NOT what I want. Example: #!/bin/bash _test() { echo test; } _myf() { # I'm using the same name as the other function. _test() { echo local test; }... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Idea to make a function as microservice

Hello - I wrote few scripts on bash shell script and grafana triggers those scripts and show on console . I want to write the console output to a log file as well by using tee command and I am successful as well . I am wondering Instead of writing same logic on multiple scripts , why... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varja
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function - Make your function return an exit status

Hi All, Good Day, seeking for your assistance on how to not perform my 2nd, 3rd,4th etc.. function if my 1st function is in else condition. #Body function1() { if then echo "exist" else echo "not exist" } #if not exist in function1 my all other function will not proceed.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meister29
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)