Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to start jobs manually from Crontab Post 302491894 by DallasT on Friday 28th of January 2011 03:05:13 PM
Old 01-28-2011
Thank you so much. Yes i have the instructions which one to run in which sequence.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start program in background (or start crontab ahead of time)

Hey! I'm working on a script that will add a user, create some configfiles, and add a crontab for the user. The crontab looks like the following: @reboot /home/user/program config.conf & I would like for this process to start at the end of my script under the corresponding username by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

can I specifiy the start and end times manually

Hi I have a ksh script which fetches data from a db using a number of .arc files and creates CSV files for them and puts them on the server. Question is, can I specifiy the start and stop times manually and run the script manually to fetch data for a certain period? # Get the current... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shajju
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

can I specifiy the start and end times manually

Hi I have a ksh script which fetches data from a db using a number of .arc files and creates CSV files for them and puts them on the server. Question is, how can I specifiy the start and stop times specifically so that data is fetched for a certain period? # Get the current time as the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shajju
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs manually but not correctly from crontab

Hi all I have this inside a shell script (bash): cd DIRECTORY find . -maxdepth 1 | sed 's#./##' | /usr/bin/xargs -I '{}' chown -Rv '{}' /DIRECTORY/'{}' All the directories in this location are named after usernames, so it simply sets the owner to that of the username of the folder. It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fakesy
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs manually but not correctly from crontab

Hello all, I'm new here and have a question if you don't mind helping me. I have a script that will work if I kick if off manually but not from Cron. My cron entry is this: 05,20,35,50 * * * * /scripts/status.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 The first script (works fine) is this: #!/bin/sh # #... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: hs3082
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs fine manually but not in crontab

Hello Guys, I have scratched my head alot on this but couldn't find clue what's wrong. Can you please help me with this? My problem is as following. 1) When I manually execute following script it runs successfully with below output. bash-3.00# more smssend #!/bin/bash echo -e "<Request... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsatti
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why my git command has no output in crontab but works well run this script manually?

cat /home/lyang001/update.sh #!/bin/sh #shopt -s expand_aliases HOME_DIR=/home/lyang001/updates UPDATE_MAIL=${HOME_DIR}/updates.mail rm $UPDATE_MAIL -rf cd $HOME_DIR/wr-kernel git log --no-merges --since="20 day ago" --name-status --pretty=format:"%an %h %s %cd" origin/WRLINUX_5_0_1_HEAD >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs good manually but failing via crontab

Hello Gurus, I have written small script which will start the given service if its stop .Its running fine when manually executed but its unable to run from crontab. #!/bin/bash SERVICENAME=rsyslog service $SERVICENAME status > /dev/null SYSLOGSTATUS=`echo $?` COUNT=0 THRESHOLD=3 if ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapil514
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script runs manually but not from crontab in UNIX

Hi Guys, I am executing the script called Delet.sh manually it is successfully completing the task but it is failing to run vi cron tab, I tried to pass PATH & .profile before execution but no luck, Any suggestions? Script below #!/usr/bin/ksh #set -x # Purpose : Delete folders file from... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anilsa77
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Job runs manually, doesn't work in crontab

I have a script (/home/admin/run_bkup.sh) that I can run manually to kick off an executable job. I want to run it in crontab, but it doesn't work. Here's the script: shell=/bin/bash today=$(date +"%m-%d-%y") /opt/CPsuite-R77/fw1/bin/upgrade_tools/upgrade_export mgt-svr-bkup-$today << EOF y... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: df08388
18 Replies
ATRUN(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  ATRUN(8)

NAME
atrun -- run jobs queued for later execution SYNOPSIS
atrun [-l load_avg] [-d] DESCRIPTION
Atrun runs jobs queued by at(1). Root's crontab(5) file /etc/crontab has to contain the line */5 * * * * root /usr/libexec/atrun so that atrun gets invoked every five minutes. At every invocation, atrun will start all the jobs in the lowercase queues whose start time has elapsed. In addition, if the load average over the last minute was less than the specified limit then a maximum of one batch job (denoted by the uppercase queues) is started. Before starting a job, atrun will check the status of its owner's account with pam(3) and refuse to run the job if the account is unavail- able, e.g., locked out or expired. OPTIONS
-l load_avg Specify a limiting load factor, over which batch jobs should not be run, instead of the default of 1.5 * number of active CPUs. -d Debug; print error messages to standard error instead of using syslog(3). WARNINGS
For atrun to work, you have to start up a cron(8) daemon. FILES
/etc/pam.d/atrun pam.conf(5) configuration file for atrun /var/at/jobs Directory containing job files /var/at/spool Directory containing output spool files SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), pam(3), syslog(3), crontab(5), pam.conf(5), cron(8) BUGS
The functionality of atrun should be merged into cron(8). BSD
October 30, 2012 BSD