Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Get all values separated with spaces(solved) Post 302491293 by donisback on Thursday 27th of January 2011 05:55:27 AM
Old 01-27-2011
Could you post the answer?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting comma separated values into an array

I'm attempting to create a KSH array out of a string like this: ",,,value1,value2,," I have created the array but I only get two elements, one for value1 and one for value2. I have ended up with something like this but I don't like it: set -A JUNK xx=0 for i in $(print ",,,value1,value2,,"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmarikle
3 Replies

2. Programming

Concatenating array of strings into one string separated by spaces

Hi, Well as the title says, I have an array of strings (delimited by null). The length of the array is variable and length of each string is variable as well. What I need is one huge string with the original strings in the array separated by spaces. For example is an array is such that array... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: newhere
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the values separated by comma

Hi, I have a variable which has a list of string separated by comma. for ex , Variable=/usr/bin,/usr/smrshbin,/tmp How can i get the values between the commas separately using shell scripts.Please help me. Thanks, Padmini. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmisri
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop through space separated values?

How do I loop thru space separated values in a variable? I hate to use very complicated counter increment logic for this kind of simple problem. Expected result(using ksh) $>echo "aaa bbbb cccc" | <looping code here> var=aaa var=bbbb var=cccc $>echo "aaa bbbb cccc" | while IFS=" "... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep on string separated by spaces

hi I am on AIX 5 and i have a script that runs the following command to list processes running. I then want to kill the returned processes. The PID are on field 2 separated by spaces. $ ps -ef|grep "rams.e $PORT" lesqa 1826998 2646248 0 11:20:35 pts/2 0:00 grep rams.e t24cm 2789380 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dustytina
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To agregate Comma separated values

Hi pls help me to get the code: i have a file in which content is : 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 2 01:00 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 2 01:02 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 3 01:02 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 3 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved] Comma separated values to space separated

Hi, I have a large number of files which are written as csv (comma-separated values). Does anyone know of simple sed/awk command do achieve this? Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:54 AM ---------- Guess I asked this too soon. Found the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needs help in parsing comma separated values

hello experts, i am retrieving values in variables jobKey and jobName within my shell script. these values are returned to me within braces and i am using following command to remove those braces: jobKeys=`echo $jobKeys | sed 's:^.\(.*\).$:\1:'` jobNames=`echo $jobNames | sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avikaljain
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read record from the text file contain multiple separated values & assign those values to variables

I have a file containing multiple values, some of them are pipe separated which are to be read as separate values and some of them are single value all are these need to store in variables. I need to read this file which is an input to my script Config.txt file name, first path, second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the values of multipledot(.) separated fields?

Hello, I have a file which has the following contents : thewall............0000000000200000 kmemfreelater......0000000000000000 kmemgcintvl........0000000000000002 kmeminuse..........00000000223411C0 allocated..........0000000029394000 bucket.......... @.F1000A02800C2158 The mentioned... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
4 Replies
BLAZE-REMOVE(1) 					    BlazeBlogger Documentation						   BLAZE-REMOVE(1)

NAME
blaze-remove - removes a post or page from the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-remove [-fipqPV] [-b directory] id... blaze-remove -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-remove removes a blog post or a page with the specified id from the BlazeBlogger repository. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -p, --page, --pages Tells blaze-remove to remove a page or pages. -P, --post, --posts Tells blaze-remove to remove a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -f, --force Disables requiring manual confirmation of each blog post or page removal. This is the default option. -i, --interactive Enables requiring manual confirmation of each blog post or page removal. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. EXAMPLE USAGE
Remove a blog post: ~]$ blaze-remove 10 Successfully removed the post with ID 10. Remove a page: ~]$ blaze-remove -p 4 Successfully removed the page with ID 4. Remove multiple blog posts: ~]$ blaze-remove 10 4 6 Successfully removed the post with ID 10, 4 and 6. Remove multiple blog posts safely: ~]$ blaze-remove -i 10 4 6 Remove the post with ID 10 titled `Debian and Fedora Packages'? y Remove the post with ID 4 titled `BlazeBlogger 0.8.0 RC2'? y Remove the post with ID 6 titled `BlazeBlogger 0.8.1'? y Successfully removed the post with ID 10, 4 and 6. SEE ALSO
blaze-config(1), blaze-add(1), blaze-list(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-REMOVE(1)