Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash: capturing *Anything* which showed on screen Post 302490862 by siavash on Wednesday 26th of January 2011 02:36:11 AM
Old 01-26-2011
Corona, methyl & citaylor Thank you very much.

@Crona:
Now I got what you mean and thanks for this valuable information.
So, I need some programming but between "expect" and "C Programming" I will choose the second one Smilie

@methyl:
You told that "CRT terminals in the 1980s were capable of repeating the screen output".
Could you please give me some more info about How they did that "repeating"?

@citaylor:
Yes, your answer was complicated but at last I figured it out Smilie
And many thanks for that "pseudoterminal (pty)" hint, I read the code before but I didn't get that ponit.

---------- Post updated at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:57 AM ----------

P.S: I'm going to build a simple remote system manager which will acts as a remote desktop but in text-mode. The difference is: Administrator from a single screen can connects, monitor and interact with N (>100) machines simultaneously.
So, It would not be a keylogger, password cracker or virus!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash overwrites data on screen!!

hi everybody, when i run and compile this: printf("test"); fflush(stdout); nothing appears on screen. if i try this: ___________________________________ printf("test"); fflush(stdout); sleep(10); ___________________________________ then i can see the output "test"... for 10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brain_processin
4 Replies

2. AIX

used PPs not match the total disk space showed by df

Hi, I see from lsvg the total used PPs is 1050 (67200 megabytes), but when I check the disk space with df command I can only see 31G total space, can somebody tell how this come? Thanks! Victor # lsvg rootvg # lsvg rootvg VOLUME GROUP: rootvg VG IDENTIFIER: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging ALL standard out of a bash script to a log file, but still show on screen

Is it possible to store all standard-out of a bash script and the binaries it calls in a log file AND still display the stdout on screen? I know this is possible to store ALL stdout/stderr of a script to a single log file like: exec 1>&${logFile} exec 2>&1 But running a script with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script [Press Tab] Screen Blank..

Dear Member, OLD Question --> disable-completion not solved My bash Menu script ping process problem. If ping still running and users press SCREEN is Blank... Cant Members help me.. kill signal or others scripting for my case, btw i use Linux.. Thanks, Rico My Bash Script : ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clear Screen Command for BASH shell

I am unable to use clear or cls command on bash shell. I have recently installed Cygwin and am using that for practicing unix commands. I see that I can use Ctrl + L to clear the screen. I created an alias in my .bashrc to do the same as alias cls='^L' This is how i defined other aliases ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erora
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error info

Hi all, How to: Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error information. For example: I have a bash script called test.sh now I want to run the test.sh and display the output on the screen and save the output including error info to a file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
1 Replies

7. Programming

this code for addind polynomials using linked lists showed segmentation error..any help pls..

the error occurs in the function() "add" used... #include<stdio.h> #include<malloc.h> struct node { int exp; int coef; struct node * link; }; struct node * create_list(struct node *,int,int); void display(struct node *); struct node * add(struct node *,struct node *); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mscoder
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The block size in my quota is showed wrong

The block size in my home directory is showed wrong when I use "quota" command. It shows I use 1.2 gb ( about 1200000) while the real size in my directory which I use "du" command is 96 MB I really confused. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thsecmaniac
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with bash escaping while using screen command

Hello, everyone. I'm currently trying to write a command system for a Minecraft server using screen. Here are the scripts I'm currently using. 0.sh #!/bin/bash screen -S Test114 -dm java -Xmx4G -jar server.jar nogui 1.sh #!/bin/bash args="$@" args2="${args@Q}" #args3=`printf '%q\n'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Develon
2 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)