Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 5.3 on p275 - how to login from ANSI terminal? Post 302489972 by AixCraft on Sunday 23rd of January 2011 05:10:54 AM
Old 01-23-2011
MySQL smitty tty6

Try to configure the console with smitty tty,
The ANSI terminals name are "tty"
and the LCD terminal name are "lft'

you can also user the 'lsattr -El tty0" command to view all tty attributes,

please let me know whats happen success.

Aixcraft

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Login from X-terminal

I have a Solaris 8 system acting as a NIS slave. My /etc/nsswitch.conf file specifies passwd: files nis and in general users can login successfully. However, I have a few users who use X-terminals booted off the Solaris box and these people are unable to login unless they have entries in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scrollon
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert file from Unix - ANSI to PC - ANSI

Hi, I am creating a file in Unix using a shell script. The file is getting created in the Unix - ANSI format. My requirement is to convert it to the PC - ANSI format. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks, Sunil (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
0 Replies

3. Programming

why the implementatoin of Bakery algorithm in ANSI C does not work in ANSI C

I follow the description of wiki (Lamport's bakery algorithm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), then implement that algorithm in C, but it doesn't work, Starving is still here, is the implementation worry? Only print out: Thread ID: 0 START! Thread ID: 0 END! Thread ID: 0 START!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.3 on p275 - "|" key doesn't work (!)

More issues. The "|" key doesn't work at all, either in the text terminal or in mwm (which starts fine when I do "startx"). How am I supposed to troubleshoot without a "|" key? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smithfarm
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 5.3 on p275 - DVD-ROM drive not recognized

I was having problems with the DVD-ROM drive not being recognized. I thought it was a configuration issue, but it appears to be a hardware problem. Now the system hangs at boot. This last time I tried it, it said: At which point, it hangs. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5.3 on p275 - "Remote I/O Attachment Summary"?

As the p275 is coming up, I get this weird "Remote I/O Attachment Summary" diagram on the ASCII terminal. Any idea what that is? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. AIX

User Account Login Login on your AIX server

I want to learn AIX. I would like to find someone who would be willing to give me a login to their AIX home lab server. My intent is to poke around and discover the similarities and differences of AIX compared to other *NIXs. I am a UNIX admin so I can think of what some immediate concerns may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl_in_my_shel
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 7.1 Login Terminal

Hi there, I am a newbie in AIX. I have reboot the AIX today and then the CDE login screen disappear. :eek:I have reboot several times and still it only shows the terminal (lft0) with only green characters and black screen:confused:. Anyway I can have the CDE login screen back?:confused: Also, as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnytai
5 Replies

9. AIX

Not able to login AIX server but able to login thru console.

Hi, i am able to login to AX server thru console but not able to login directly thru server. also the server is not ping-able with other server. filesystem is fine. and OS version is AIX 5.3. please let me know if you need any specific log. thx in advance. Scriptor (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
2 Replies
sulogin(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       sulogin(1M)

NAME
sulogin - access single-user mode SYNOPSIS
sulogin DESCRIPTION
The sulogin utility is automatically invoked by init when the system is first started. It prompts the user to type the root password to enter system maintenance mode (single-user mode) or to type EOF (typically <CTRL-D>) for normal startup (multi-user mode). The user should never directly invoke sulogin. The sulogin utility can prompt the user to enter the root password on a variable number of serial console devices, in addition to the tra- ditional console device. See consadm(1M) and msglog(7D) for a description of how to configure a serial device to display the single-user login prompt. FILES
/etc/default/sulogin Default value can be set for the following flag: PASSREQ Determines if login requires a password. Default is PASSREQ=YES. /etc/default/login Default value can be set for the following flag: SLEEPTIME If present, sets the number of seconds to wait before login failure is printed to the screen and another login attempt is allowed. Default is 4 seconds. Minimum is 0 seconds. Maximum is 5 seconds. Both su(1M) and login(1) are affected by the value of SLEEPTIME. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
login(1), consadm(1M), init(1M), su(1M), attributes(5), msglog(7D) SunOS 5.10 25 Sep 2002 sulogin(1M)