Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Qsub and printf
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Qsub and printf Post 302488468 by Shaderw on Monday 17th of January 2011 09:28:53 AM
Old 01-17-2011
Qsub and printf

Hello,

I have some issue with qsub and the standard output : I launch a script that "echoes" the string "abc" and then executes a C program in which I print informations with the printf function ; the .o file contains "abc" but not the information displayed by printf. I also tried fprintf(stdout, ...), but it didn't worked, I can't have access to the informations displayed by the task.

Does someone knows where the problem is and how can I solve it please ?

Best regard.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

qsub and Matlab

I am trying to run a Matlab function, file.m, with qsub. Here is a portion of my .sge file: echo Starting to run Matlab matlab -nojvm -nodesktop -r "file('${inputfile}');exit;" echo finished running Matlab The last two lines of the Matlab function are: disp('finished'); exit So my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laether
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem Running qsub multiple jobs

Hello, I have a perl script that takes in one file of input and outputs to a file. I would like to run this script on several input files, and I would like to run it with qsub, something like this: Input files: FileListDssp.txt.numaa FileListDssp.txt.numab FileListDssp.txt.numac etc.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: InfoSeeker
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

qsub

Hey all, I have a binary file, named "exe1" that receives a parameter. (I don't have its source code). Executing "exe1" results in creating 3 output files. I have a bash script that runs "exe1". I want to enter "exe1" to cluster queue (using subq command) But i want to do it more than... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elad2109
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set the SGE job execution order for nested qsub?

Dear All I am trying to write a script to set the SGE job execution order. I named each job with 'job1', 'job2' and 'job3'. I want my script to do: When 'job1' execution is complete, 'job2' is executed; when both 'job1' and 'job2' are complete, 'job3' is executed. First, I tried this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cliffyiu
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

qsub in a bash script?

I was just wondering if it is permissible to qsub from a bash script as follows: #! /bin/sh echo "altering .txt in dir $DIR with retokenize.py" for f in $DIR/txt/*.txt; do echo $f; /l2/nlp/i2b2/retokenize.py < $f > ${f//.txt/.tok}; done echo "altering .tok in dir $DIR with awk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcgb20
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Collecting job id from qsub command

Hello. Hopefully this is the right forum, did a search and found some similar questions here. I'm trying to find out if there is a way to get the job id while submitting a job using qsub. I want to monitor the list of active jobs using qstat and when my jobid is no longer on the active list, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeoleon88
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

qsub equivalent of bsub command

"bsub -o /dev/null -P something -q normal -a optimize -n 1 -R \"rusage\ span\\" -J GUISETUP_${PID} \"dc_shell-t -f .dc_script_$job_index.tcl -output_log_file .dc_shell_$job_index.log \"" Can anybody please tell me the qsub equivalent for this command? ---------- Post updated at 06:48 AM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaudhary3031
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Submitting multiple qsub jobs

Hi all, Today, I want to ask how to submit multiple qsub jobs. I want to submit 100 .sh files for the simulations. The name of files is run_001.sh, run_002.sh, run_003.sh, ..... ..... run_100.sh Submitting each file manually are time-consuming, hence, I want to make another .sh file... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: syg3434
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Qsub + job array + while read; do; done

Linux Server Hi! just some help... I'm using a "Sun Grid Engine" with "qsub" In one hand I have this code while read -r H; do echo ${H}; done < list The number of the lines in the list file is 100. On the other hand I want to create a job array with the option -t echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Submit a qsub script SGE

Hello, I'm working on a SGE cluster and trying to echo the variables passed to the qsub command. My script is as follows #!/bin/bash #$ -V #$ -cwd #$ -pe make 10 if ; then echo "Variable is not set" else echo "Variable says: $StatedUserName" fi and I run the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nans
1 Replies
QSUB(1) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   QSUB(1)

NAME
qsub - submit a batch job in a familiar pbs format SYNOPSIS
qsub [-a date_time] [-A account_string] [-b secs] [-C directive_prefix] [-e path] [-I] [-l resource_list] [-m mail_options] [-M user_list] [-N name] [-o path] [-p priority] [-q destination] [-W additional_attributes] [-h] [script] DESCRIPTION
The qsub command displays information about nodes. It is aimed to be feature-compatible with PBS' qsub. OPTIONS
-a Display information for all nodes. This is the default if no node name is specified. -I Interactive execution. -j join It is not necessary (currently also not possible) since stderr/stdout are always joined. -v [variable_list] Exporting single variables via -v is not supported, since the entire login environment is exported by the default. -V The -V option to export the current environment is not required since it is done by default. -? | --help brief help message --man full documentation perl v5.14.2 2012-04-10 QSUB(1)