Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Installing Solaris 8 bootblock without Solaris Install CD Post 302487470 by johnny994 on Wednesday 12th of January 2011 02:57:57 PM
Old 01-12-2011
I need a solution or advice urgently, can you at least suggest something I should do?

Thanks in advance.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Solaris 8

I'm new to Unix, and Installed Solaris 8 (IA) for the first time with the end user software group, I got the login screen at startup. When I re-installed it with the Full Distribution plus OEM support it bypasses the login screen and logs me as superuser (root). Is this normal? Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdrivas
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing Solaris 10

Hi All, Il jump straight in.. Iv been asked to install Sun Solaris 10 for a friend and Il be honest.. Iv never installed one before.. Iv looked at some documentation on installing but nbothing to represent my problem.. I downloaded the Solaris 10 Software from sun.com on 5 cd`s.. burnt them... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjdude
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing ZFS on an existing Solaris 10 install (UFS)

Hello, I am new to Solaris so i apologize upfront if my questions seem trivial. I am trying to install a ZFS file system on a Solaris 10 machine with UFS already installed on it. I want to run: # zpool create pool_zfs c0t0d0 then: # zfs create pool_zfs/fs My question is more to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Is it possible to install Solaris softwares on Open Solaris or Open Indiana?

Hi there, I'm sorry in advance if my question seems stupid, but I can't figure out myself. I was wondering. Is it possible to install a Solaris program on an Open Solaris or Open Indiana operating system? After searching the web for a long time, it seems that Open Solaris was released by... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: firstpost
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing Solaris

Hello ladies and gentlemen I had a notebook 250 GB for windows 7, 250 GB for slackware, by the live dvd slaris i installed solaris in partition of windows, instalation ok, when i restart, i can not access menu bios or menu boot, and my notebook don't boot any dvd ,.. any help what i can do,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gitac
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 7: Is it possible to install JRE1.6 on Solaris 7

Dear All: I am trying to install JRE 1.6 on Solaris 7. But it's failed. error message: ld.so.1 symbo1 __1cH__Climpkcplus_init6F_v_: referenced symbol not found (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaychen
2 Replies

8. Solaris

No way to install a flar archive of Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.4 zone

I want to migrate a solaris 10 os to solaris 11.4 zone. I did this a)Collect some data like id sysid,disks,ip,etc..on solaris10 OK b)Create this file.cfg with this command on solaris 10 zonep2vchk -c > /migration/sol10.cfg OK c)Create the archive flash on Solaris10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
VOP_ADVISE(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					     VOP_ADVISE(9)

NAME
VOP_ADVISE -- apply advice about use of file data SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/vnode.h> int VOP_ADVISE(struct vnode *vp, off_t start, off_t end, int advice); DESCRIPTION
This call applies advice for a range of a file's data. It is used to implement the posix_fadvise system call. Its arguments are: vp The vnode of the file. start The start of the range of file data. end The end of the range of file data. advice The type of operation to apply to the file data. Possible values are: POSIX_FADV_WILLNEED Initiate an asynchronous read of the file data if it is not already resident. POSIX_FADV_DONTNEED Decrease the in-memory priority of clean file data or discard clean file data. If the start and end offsets are both zero, then the operation should be applied to the entire file. Note that this call is advisory only and may perform the requested operation on a subset of the requested range (including not performing it at all) and still return success. LOCKS
The file should be unlocked on entry. RETURN VALUES
Zero is returned if the call is successful, otherwise an appropriate error code is returned. ERRORS
[EINVAL] An invalid value was given for advice. SEE ALSO
vnode(9) BSD
October 3, 2013 BSD