Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IPSec VPN Routing
Special Forums IP Networking IPSec VPN Routing Post 302487381 by salukibob on Wednesday 12th of January 2011 09:06:52 AM
Old 01-12-2011
IPSec VPN Routing

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a gateway VPN between two routers across an unsecured network between two local networks. The routers are both linux and I'm using the ipsec tools, racoon and setkey. So far hosts from either local net can successfully ping hosts on the other local net without issue.

I'd like to also be able to ping from either of the routers to any host on the remote lan, including the remote router. This currently won't work.

My SPD policies on one of the routers is this:

Code:
spdadd 192.168.2.0/24[any] 192.168.1.0/24[any] any -P out ipsec esp/tunnel/194.16.1.6-194.16.1.7/require;
spdadd 192.168.1.0/24[any] 192.168.2.0/24[any] any -P in ipsec esp/tunnel/194.16.1.7-194.16.1.6/require;

Where my local networks are 192.168.2.0 an 192.168.1.0 with external IP's 194.16.1.6 and 194.16.1.7 respectively.

I've tried to add a route from the router to the remote network such are:
Code:
$ ip route add 192.168.2.0/24 dev eth0

but this doesn't work for me. I'm clearly missing something with the routing.

Any tips would be most appreciated.
Regards
Rob Smith

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

IPSec - VPN using shared key

Hello! I have some trouble trying to configure a VPN with two gateways. One of them uses IPSec with a single key, 256bits length, specified in /etc/ipsec.secrets. As FreeSwan manual page says, if i put esp=3des-md5-96, will be used a "64bit IV key (internally generated), a 192bit 3des ekey and a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eNTer
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

internal routing & vpn

hi there. i got a vpn working. this is what happens: remote pc ----(vpn/INTERNET)----vpn server--(redirect)---webapp (internal network) real: 200.12.15.20 200.20.45.123 vpn: 10.8.0.2 10.8.0.1 internal: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wachichornia
0 Replies

3. BSD

Problem on IPSec

Hi, this is my first post...:p Hello Admin :) Can I have an ask for something with my configuration ? I have finished some kind of the tutorial to build ipsec site to site, and the "step" has finished completely. I have a simulation with a local design topology with two PC's (FreeBSD ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aulia
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ipsec implementation

How can i implement Ipsec between two machines in linux_ ubuntu? any link?? suggestion?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elinaz
0 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

IPSEC

hello, after configuration ipsec in ip4 I can not ping between client and server whereas I had success ping before configuration! I also generate different key for AH and ESP as i have shown below. what is my problem and what should i do to have ping and test the configuration? code: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elinaz
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

VPN IPSec Openswan

Hi all, I have installed Openswan and configured IPSec and works perfect, but for some unknown reasons it stop working. I see that the tunnels are up and established. The route to the destination are added. Everything by the book seems to be ok. But somehow when i start to ping the other side (... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivancd
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

Cisco 3750 Switch ASA VPN Routing

Hi,I want connect my ASA 5510 firewall to a 3750 switch with RIP routing. Unfortunately,I am having issues passing the VPN subnet through rip to the 3750.I don't understand how the routing table is populated on the ASA. Any suggestions? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

IPSec Openswan Site to Site VPN - Big Pain

Hi @all, I try to connect 2 LANs with IPSec/Openswan LAN 1: 192.168.0.0/24 LAN 2: 192.168.1.0/24 This is my Config: conn HomeVPN # # Left security gateway, subnet behind it, nexthop toward right. left=192.168.1.29 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bahnhasser83
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Best tool to monitor VPN IPSEC Tunneling

We are using cyberoam device, VPN IPSEC tunnel is going of frequently even the traffic is throug. Please suggest what may be the cause for the above mentioned issue. Also suggest a best tool to monitor the same VPN IPSEC tunnel connectivity. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marunmeera
4 Replies
RACOON(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 RACOON(8)

NAME
racoon -- IKE (ISAKMP/Oakley) key management daemon SYNOPSIS
racoon [-46BdFLVv] [-f configfile] [-l logfile] [-P isakmp-natt-port] [-p isakmp-port] DESCRIPTION
racoon speaks the IKE (ISAKMP/Oakley) key management protocol, to establish security associations with other hosts. The SPD (Security Policy Database) in the kernel usually triggers racoon. racoon usually sends all informational messages, warnings and error messages to syslogd(8) with the facility LOG_DAEMON and the priority LOG_INFO. Debugging messages are sent with the priority LOG_DEBUG. You should configure syslog.conf(5) appropriately to see these messages. -4 -6 Specify the default address family for the sockets. -B Install SA(s) from the file which is specified in racoon.conf(5). -d Increase the debug level. Multiple -d arguments will increase the debug level even more. -F Run racoon in the foreground. -f configfile Use configfile as the configuration file instead of the default. -L Include file_name:line_number:function_name in all messages. -l logfile Use logfile as the logging file instead of syslogd(8). -P isakmp-natt-port Use isakmp-natt-port for NAT-Traversal port-floating. The default is 4500. -p isakmp-port Listen to the ISAKMP key exchange on port isakmp-port instead of the default port number, 500. -V Print racoon version and compilation options and exit. -v This flag causes the packet dump be more verbose, with higher debugging level. racoon assumes the presence of the kernel random number device rnd(4) at /dev/urandom. RETURN VALUES
The command exits with 0 on success, and non-zero on errors. FILES
/etc/racoon.conf default configuration file. SEE ALSO
ipsec(4), racoon.conf(5), syslog.conf(5), setkey(8), syslogd(8) HISTORY
The racoon command first appeared in the ``YIPS'' Yokogawa IPsec implementation. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
The use of IKE phase 1 aggressive mode is not recommended, as described in http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/886601. BSD
January 23, 2009 BSD