Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: arabic setting in solaris
Operating Systems Solaris arabic setting in solaris Post 302485777 by malikshahid85 on Thursday 6th of January 2011 07:23:03 AM
Old 01-06-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
is the arabic locale installed in solaris?
how to check and how to install?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 locale setting

Hello does anybody know how to change the LC_TIME locale on solaris 8 to dd/mm/YYYY currently it is set to. #locale -ck LC_TIME d_fmt="%m/%d/%y" Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thangorn
1 Replies

2. Solaris

setting a route in Solaris

I am having problems getting this to work, though it seems like it would be simple. I have a host with 2 interfaces, hme0 (192.168.0.132) for the primary interface, and hme1 (192.168.0.16) for backups. I want it to talk to the backup host, which is 192.168.0.21, across the hme1 interface. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arabic characters in QNX4

I want to display Arabic characters in QNX4. This work was been done by a colleague several years ago but he didn't document his work. I installed fonts and I got this display (attached). Please let me know how can correct as per the initial display were working in Arabic (attached). Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hbc
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Arabic package in solaris

Hi, I have searched in all installation cds for arabic packages but couldn't find it. 1. Is there any other way to download arabic package? 2. Does we need to reboot the system after installing package? 3. I don't want to reboot the system so is there any service to restart to make the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

install arabic lang

hi how to install arabic language and set it as default in hpux. also there is any website provide vm for hpunix for testing. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drpix
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printer setting in Solaris

I have Solaris-10 server and want to change default printer setting to Simplex (Instead of duplex, which is set currently). I am not able to see anything in conf file related to this setting. Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Setting IP on Solaris 10 help

Hi all, So, I need to change the IP/netmask on 2 sun v240's running solaris 10. I seem to have done it correctly on one, it's holding the ip after a init 6 reboot. The other does not want to keep ip using same commands. I'm guessing I have to change some files I haven't yet, but have no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuriosity_prime
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arabic encoding using Unix commands

I am using sed on Arabic file (utf-8 encoding) like bellow: sed 's/./& /g' file and all I get is: 1 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I tried change the LANG variable to LANG=en_US.UTF-8 but I still get the same "?" output. What is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Viernes
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[ask]unicode utf-8 for arabic font

hlow all, i want to read arabic font in cli (cat, vi ,etc) in windows i can see the for why in linux i can't see that. this for the example وَمَنْ يَشْكُرْ فَإِنَّمَا يَشْكُرُ لِنَفْسِهِ what should i do ? i need your advice for read that font in cli...:confused: thx before (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Font chinese and arabic

At present we are using one application , in which they are loading some files. the files are some times a mix of chinese and arabic. Is there any way to encode these literals and do the loading. Rgds Rj ---------- Post updated at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:47 AM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)