Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help on Autosys
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help on Autosys Post 302485112 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 4th of January 2011 10:13:37 AM
Old 01-04-2011
Define a calendar and run your job using it.

GUI Path :
Job Definition -> Date/Time Option -> Run on Days in Calendar

JIL syntax :
run_calendar: calendar name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Documentation and books on Autosys Job Control Tool from Autosys

My project uses Autosys. I am new to this product and I don't know where to start from. Q1. Please provide me the link where I can get Autosys documentation Q2. Please refer a good book on Autosys. (Beginner/Intermediate Level) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gram77
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help me in Autosys

I have installed CA::Autosys my pc. It is in /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/CA/AutoSys/AutoSys.pm . I have Sybase Installed. Kindly help to how to connect autosys to database.. Also how do I create users in Autosys.. Please guide me.. Thank You.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhuvaneshlal
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AUTOSYS help

In AUTOSYS is there a way to find out who created the job? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Autosys Help!

I am not sure why my output keeps going to my std_out_file!! Here's my JIL: insert_job: test_autosys job_type: c command: $SCRIPT_DIR/test machine: abcde owner: bob@abcde permission: gx,wx date_conditions: 1 days_of_week: mo, tu, we, th, fr start_times: "8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arex876
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Autosys

Hi, I have heard of file watcher job and command job in autosys. can anyone tell me about box type job? An example would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Autosys Help

Guys, anyone familiar with Unix AutoSys? I am wondering what is done to make a script located in this dir: /home/user2/mywork.pl I have access to jil files incase that helps. to work everyday at 5pm? Any insight or guidance would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Autosys: How to change a machine name in Autosys JIL.

All the autosys jobs are on server-1 and server-1 has been crashed due to some reason, Now I have to run 5 autosys jobs on server-2 (failover server) which are on server 1. How to do with Autosys command (which command needs to fired on JIL) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tp2115
0 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

OS on AutoSys

We have a primary and shadow running our scheduler. We need to upgrade both to a more current OS. We'd like to take down the shadow and update it, then allow it to become the primary while we update the current primary. Does Autosys care what OS you are running or can it potentially toggle... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cjw_55106
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AutoSys

From where i can get complete Ref. pdf of AutoSys r11.3 any one got idea ? I cant find good document for that (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ujjwal2120
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Autosys help

I am very new to Autosys and want to execute my first batch or job there. I have url to open Autosys and have access of Folder Structure 1. for AutoSys Job log 2. for AutoSys profile and parameters 3. for Shell Scripts Please share some information that how to create a job using GUI. I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muneshshar
2 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)